Tuesday, June 6, 2006

There are over 70 railroad ties in my yard.

Half a dozen 6"x6"x8' posts are stacked on my front porch, along with even more 1"x6"x10' rails.

Next to the driveway, a rather long trench is dug--in some places 4' deep.

The grass hasn't been cut in over a week because lawn-mower-man (aka Daniel) has been preocupied with "the project."

The many holes that will soon tear up the rest of our yard in anticipation of fence posts haven't even been dug yet.

So if the saying, "It gets worse before it gets better" is really true, my yard should look exceptional when all is said and done.

4 comments:

  1. I remember when we sold our old house we had to have the piping dug out from underneath the driveway. I think from the house to the street was completely dug out about 4-5 feet deep. The first day I came home to see my yard a mess I cried. I thought it would never be the same....but it was and I stopped crying...I can attribute some of those tears to pregancy hormones though:) But I can feel your pain. I have a tendency to hate things out of order!?!?!?
    Actally my house is currently a mess. They are finally replacing the kitchen floor and needless to say EVERYTHING including my fridge is in my living room....ahhh!!! I hate that feeling. Can you believe they are now just replacing my flooring?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like quite a project! I'm going to have to change some plans with thursday... I have to go with my mother-in-law to the doctor that day. I'm really sorry. I will most definately get over there though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hoorah for fences. maybe i can help out when i meander up north... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're looking for something to keep you out of the house there is a MOMS Club meeting tomorrow (Wednesday) at 10AM in the Madrid Community Room. I know you've mentioned that Daniel will be gone for portions of the summer and thougt maybe you could use something to fill time.

    ReplyDelete