Thursday, January 1, 2009

until next year


The holidays are now officially over. If I'm on top of things, I will have our Christmas decorations put away by Monday and we will be getting back to our normal school year routine.

I do like to leave the decor up until after January 1st. One reason is that I find the new year celebration otherwise very anticlimactic, but it's mostly just because I love them.

Love. them.

I am posting a few pictures of pretty holiday decorations from around my house that my dad took last night. This way I can come back here and look at pictures next week when my tabletops and shelves are looking bare sparse in comparison.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


6 comments:

  1. Oh; I know what you mean.... I love my decorations too.... Until next year, right! I enjoyed
    your pictures very much. Good Job Breezy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would always leave my decorations up too long....I don't like to take them down right after New Year's either...but since we have had Alan, it makes it easy for me to have a deadline, I just make sure they're put away before his birthday and it seems we're all happy with that!  For some strange reason, I craved a pink tree this year....I know that seems really wierd because I always hated anything but green.  But Doug let me get a 4 foot one yesterday on sale at Walmart for $5...I'm going to put it in our bedroom...I may put it up as a Valentine's day tree!  I know, I've really lost it....And they had a really cool 32 inch one that had fiber optics, multi color lights, that was green, Joy got that one.  It was $3 on sale....They also had dark blue(I don't think I'll go for that one!) and red.  I saw a decorated red one that was kind of neat, like a candy cane...Maybe this is something you do in mid-life rearranging, I don't know. (I won't call it crisis, I don't feel like it's a crisis, just changes!)  I love your pictures though, your home and family are beautiful.  

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home looks absolutely lovely!
    Happy New Year and I'm in the process of getting an email back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Around November, this year, I'm hoping that maybe I can borrow you for a few hours, to go decor shopping. Your style matches how I would love to decorate, so perfectly, but you have a WAY better eye for it! Sound good?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @christian_mommy_mary - I have to confess that most everything pictured was either purchased by my mom (the real professional!) or bought out of the area at little stores I find here and there; I'm not sure how easy it would be to find these sorts of things locally.  But, depending on what's going on next November, sure!

    ReplyDelete