Monday, February 5, 2007

So I've gotten over being weirded out by some of the "footprints" I was receiving a bit ago. I suppose I'm allowed to have my "overly-protective, paranoid-mommy moments," right?

Last night I didn't watch the game beyond the beginning of the 2nd quarter, although I really do enjoy football and was rooting very thoroughly for the Colts. In fact, when I stopped watching "my" team was just barely claiming the lead after some pretty crazy game-playing. (I imagine the half-time talks by the coaches went something like this: "Tonight we're playing football. It's a game that involves two teams who each have an end-zone-- and you are one of the two teams playing. There is a fairly sizeable lemon-shaped ball that you are trying to get in your end zone. It is best to not give the ball to the other team, as this will seriously mess up your attempts at getting the ball in your end zone...")

My head, neck, and shoulders ached very badly. I needed to be done watching. I needed bed and sleep.

This morning, I woke to a tightly constricted throat and fuzzy eyes. And I'm just hoping beyond hope that I'm not coming down with strep throat. (It's been going around.)

While sickness never comes at a good time, I was blessed in that arrangements for a sleepover at Nana's house for Gabriel and Bronwyn had already been made before I started feeling terrible. (Have I ever mentioned that living near family is a huge blessing?) And Daniel did "Jackson" duty during the night, which meant I only had to wake up enough to nurse him twice, since he was brought to me and then back to his bed by Daddy both times.

And this, my friends, is my pathetic update. I'm too tired to think of anything but how awful I feel. (Pretty self-centered of me, eh?)


7 comments:

  1. Is B. looking down in your profile pic or is her hat covering her eyes?
    Either way, she's a cue. tee. pie.
    I can't wait to discuss immunizations.
    At CPH they gave Timothy Hep-B when he was less than 24 hours old.
    That's not even the disappointing part...
    it was without our consent.
    I'll wait until you're feeling better.
    Pray that's soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Immunizations...how about the newly passed law in Texas that says girls at pre-puberty age must get immunized with Hep-B (I think it's that one) to help prevent uterine cancer caused by STD's.
    Grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh...you like my Roman shades, huh? : )
    What you are seeing is $1.00/yd. fabric just ironed and looped over the rods. In the school room (which you can see in the picture), are square tablecloths ($10.00 ea.), ironed and looped over the rods. It gives the look without the price.
    I resent paying the prices of real window treatments. Ridiculous.
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. But this is the only way that people who live far away know what's going on and in turn can pray for a quick recovery and speedy return to health!
    (Which I will most definitely do)

    ReplyDelete
  5. About your serious question... I don't know.  HA!  I do keep a wipes container clearly marked "KITCHEN" to wipe hands and faces after each meal.  They don't have the softest, cleanest hair in the world, but it works.  None of my children get "greasy" or too sweaty... 
    Sorry you're not well.  I hate it when that happens.  The worst of it is when I can't keep track of my children.  It seems like whenever I get laid up they either get the runs and a rash(from the cracker and juice diet... aka, the lazy diet) or constipated (from the cracker and milk diet), and I'm always wondering when it was the last time any of my children had a BM or vegetables, or protein... you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Texas shots, they are trying to get that in every state and the governor(a supposedly conservative Christian)pushed it on his own.  It is for HPV, human papiloma virus that you only get by having sex.  It makes you sterile(the virus).  So their solution is to give it to every girl before she has sex.  It used to be at least a girl could say she didn't want to have sex because she might get pregnant.  Well now that's solved, but maybe she could use the excuse of not wanting a disease...well now we have a shot for it!  Go ahead, be immoral, you don't need consequences!  It makes me sick.  I see the humanistic value, but for parents who aren't humanists it's sad to see this forced down our throats.  My 3 nieces live in Texas. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are correct that step has been going around. I think I had it as well and I am still trying to get over it fully. I still have a cough that is deep and makes me have to cough like crazy when I lay down. I pray it will stay away for a long time and especially from you too!

    God Bless: Andrea

    ReplyDelete