Friday, February 23, 2007

An Overdue (and probably boring) Update:

::So I've definitely had some rough days. The roughest pregnancy days to date.

But on days like yesterday (and even today, for the most part), I can't seem to remember why I was whining so much. Isn't it funny how quickly the misery of before is forgotten when I feel OK today?

::My house is so messy. No, really. I am to embarrassed to even write in a public place how frequently (or infrequently, rather) my bathrooms have been cleaned of late. Please don't ask about the dust on the furniture, the dead ladybugs in the kids' bedroom, the finger-smeared windows, or the week-old crayon on the kitchen wall. I'm trying my best to forget about it all-- with the reminder that, in due time, those things will all be taken care of.

::I've been doing a lot of reading lately, since I've been avoiding most anything that requires movement. I've really been enjoying this series, but have been frustrated by the library sharing system. (I much prefer being able to frequent a library that permanently has titles on the shelves.) It might only take a week to get book #4 in, but it took over 3 weeks to get book #1-- and by then book #4 was due back. This means that I've been reading them all out of order. Fortunately, the series is rather vignette-like, so it can handle being out of order.

::My firstborn will be turning 4 on Monday. 'Nough said.

::For the past month or so, the memory verse of choice has been James 1:17, Every good thing bestowed and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation, or shifting shadow.

Pastor Mike shared a sermon several weeks ago (OK... probably more than several, since I haven't been to church in several weeks) out of James chapter 1. His exhortation on the unchanging nature of God, while a brief point in the overall message, was a good and needed reminder for me. I came home, wrote out James 1:17, and hung it on a kitchen cupboard.

Verses like this are good for my roots, if you know what I mean.

::Next Wednesday I have an appointment with Alison, a midwife practicing in the area. Her first impression on me wasn't a good one, but I realize I'm a bit picky since being so pleased with my midwives in Pittsburgh. If I decide she's worth a try, I'll cancel my appointment with Dr. McCloy on March 5th. While I'm not about to blame my labor problems on management, I definitely prefer the midwife style I was so accustomed to-- involved.

::The best news of my week was, by far, getting the call that she had delivered a beautiful and healthy baby girl! God is so good to His children.


5 comments:

  1. Though I want doctors and MEDwives to stay away, I do prefer to have my midwife and doula (when I had one) more involved.  Though as of late, the Lord showed me I'm capable of delivering babies on my own.  Hopefully that won't happen again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well there is always the midwife in Canton that me and your sister used, Allison Koch, she was great. I miss her and when I have my next I will be sweating bullets because I may have to see 3 different people and I could get any one of them to deliver my baby, whom ever is on call at the time. I hate that because you may not get the midwife or could get a male or whatever. I don't think I will take 14 hours this time but you never know. Hayla was a weird case too because she was stuck in there and Allison had to really help me. So now if that happens again I am afraid what they will say to me, time for c-section, I think NOT! lol. Anyway hope you find someone good. The only time I ever met Dr. McCloy (she is the Dr. for Allison if something were to go wrong) was in the grocery store by chance, I never technically had to meet her.

    AnDi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not familiar with midwives having never shared that experience some 40 to 50 years ago.  I really not sure if anyone my age even has had that experience?  But want to let you know that Donna Paladin has been hired to be an operating room nurse at Allegheny General Hospital.  We are so happy for her.  But anyhow she does have to graduate and complete her training but she definitely has the job.  Isn't that great.  She will graduate on June 10 this year.  That's the same time Sam will graduate.  He isn't sure where he will go because he is hoping for a football scholorship.  He is getting an offer from Taylor (that is where Emily is going).  Wouldn't that be funny if they wound up at the same school.  People might think they were twins?  Wouldn't that be funny? 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah.  Even though Glory came out "unassisted" I would still rather have dilation checks, a final positioning check, and support to the perineum. 
    So I guess you could say you and I are alike in what we want as far as assistance.  My big thing is that I don't like being told what to do and how to do it, and when.  But suggestions are always appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard anything bad about Alison. I had Laurie, when I was pregnant with my son. She was fantastic. I would definately go to her again!

    ReplyDelete