Monday, December 11, 2006

Yesterday morning's sermon was good for me to hear. Dad talked about the cost that comes with choosing to follow Christ a second week in a row as we looked first as Mary's life and then at Joseph's. I think this theme comes up often because we need to hear it a lot.

Following Jesus does cost. It has cost me in the past and sometimes I have been upset by this.

And then other times, like yesterday, I look at exactly what it has cost me... and what it has cost looks like very little compared to what I have gained.

* * * * *

Our tree is beautiful. It's my favorite that we've had yet.

Our house is also beautiful. Perhaps I feel that it was made for Christmas because I moved in last year on December 13th so I knew it first as a holiday-home, but I must say that when I see it from the outside with electric candles in every window and wreaths adorning the windows and doors, it looks like something straight from Colonial Williamsburg.

(I love Colonial Williamsburg.)

* * * * *

The countdown has begun:

6 days until Louissa comes home.
14 days until Christmas.
21 days until 2007 begins.
34 days until Jackson turns 1 year old.
77 days until Gabriel no longer attends nursery.

This helps me see today as a gift. I will never have this moment again.

* * * * *

Coffee from the SLU bookstore is the best coffee to be had in the North Country.

Officially.

* * * * *

Good night.

3 comments:

  1. I love my tree too. We actually have two, one upstairs in the living room and one downstairs in the family room, but I really like the one upstairs most. It has almost 1000 little white lights on it and almost every ornament has a special meaning. The one downstairs is filled with all the kids ornaments (each with special meaning, of course) but not as many lights because we ran out. It is perfect for lighting up the room while we watch a Christmas movie though.
    ***
    I miss SLU bookstore very muchly. The fact that I will never again meet Diane there for coffee is very distressing to me.
    ***
    Thanks for including me in the recipe exchage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SLU, eh? I hope we can get there together someday. Schedules are so challenging!

    ReplyDelete