Saturday, December 23, 2006

For homemade eggnog:

1. Wash eggs with soap and water. (I'd use about 6 eggs for a batch of eggnog; we used 18 when my family was here and had leftovers.)

2. After beating the eggs in a mixing bowl, add milk, sugar, vanilla, and a little imitation rum flavoring. This is all done to taste. (Sorry--my family doesn't use a recipe.) We like a good amount of milk (at least equal to the eggs) since none of us like our eggnog thick; and we don't use as much sugar as you would taste in the store-bought stuff either.

3. Pour into small glasses and sprinkle lightly with nutmeg (The fresher, the better. Go to the co-op for the good stuff.)

4. Enjoy thoroughly!


4 comments:

  1. Sonny LOVES eggnog.  I take it the eggs are raw???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was about to ask what your "recipe" was.  It has been so long that I dont have one anymore.  Thanks!!  I cant wait!!!  (Kinda crazy how much I love eggnog and since it has been sooo long since I have had the real stuff, I am really excited!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds kind of yucky when I think about it... but I know that it tastes good! 

    ReplyDelete