Friday, December 29, 2006

My apologies in advance to those of you with dial-up internet connection: there are a lot of pictures in this post. But for those with high-speed and who call my children "grandkids" or "neice/nephews" or "good friends," this is for you!

Ready for the Christmas Eve service
(I didn't end up going because Jack was so sick, but I heard it was amazing...)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Spiffed up
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So cute!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After the service, one last look at the tree with presents still wrapped and waiting...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Opening his gift from Jack (who'd had Tylenol and was by then sleeping)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Opening her gift from Gabriel
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The tree and gifts as it looked just before Daniel and I collapsed in our bed!
(I really can't complain--we managed a record-early 11pm bedtime)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Christmas morning "Cheers!" (with apple juice??? )
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Our gift to Gabriel was a train set
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Our gift to Bronwyn was dollhouse furniture and figures
(the dollhouse is a hand-me-down from my sisters and me)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Jack's "big gift" from us was his very own toddler-sized bath towel
(I'm so sad he's outgrown his baby one... )
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

New pjs from Uncle Ry, Aunt Danica, and Jameson!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Reading Fancy Nancy, from Nana & Papa
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

New heels from cousin Jocelyn!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Jack managed to open this one almost completely on his own!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Trying out the new toy from Grandma & Pap-Pap
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

An official college-sized football from Mom & Dad P.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PlayDoh and accessories from Grandma & Pap-Pap!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A Little People boat from Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa P.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Jack is in love!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Altogether fancy, thanks to Aunt Beanz!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


That's all for now. A video or two will come shortly...


11 comments:

  1. Fancy Nancy is a favorite with my girls, too. It is such a cute book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting these... (I know they're not for me, but they sure are cute.)

    It's kind of funny. Thanks to xanga, I think I was more caught up on your holiday activities this year than I was when you lived here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures!  What a wonderful day they all had.  Too bad little Jack wasnt feeling better... 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I eyed that train set at Walmart, but figured I could get better quality at BJ's.  Now I have to finish GLUING ALL THE TRACK TOGETHER... otherwise it's just futile to have a wooden train set w/toddlers!  LOL!  Isn't Christmas fun?  I think I had more fun this year than when I was a child... something about giving gifts to our children is all the more fun now that they are old enough to know what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay, yay, yay!!! i wanted so badly to be at your house christmas morning and be a fly on the wall while the kids (who i still refer to as "brietta's babies", gabriel and all) discovered all of their goodies.

    what sweeties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO cute!! Christmases are infinitely more fun with kids, don't you think??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you're right in your previous post. The best part of Christmas is the pause that we all take together. It's like a giant breath, and deeply felt "Ahhhh", and a much needed *sigh*. Candles burning to the end and folks lingering around the table, giving and sharing freely, having time to laugh and tell stories. I do wish it could go on and on. Wonderful days, for sure.

    And beautiful photos full of memories in the making. Treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Christmas seemed so wonderful.  And Ally got the same gift as Jack did.  And from her grandparents as well!!  We're hoping it spurs her interest in taking some steps.
    Matt is feeling much better and has his eye open almost all of the time.  He's really missing all the footbal playing that's going on around here lately.  (They play today and Monday!)  We're all over our colds and hoping to stay healthy for the rest of the winter season.  I heard you all will be in town in January but we will be away at VMI, so we won't be seeing you.  :( 
    Oh, and I got Matt some undershirts, a button down shirt, a hoodie, some gloves and a watch...but the watch already went back.  Oh well!  I didn't see any pictures of what you got!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous pictures......Thank you for sharing them with us.  Even with my dial up it wasn't bad at all.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all of the wonderful pictures!  Between Xanga and phone calls, I feel like I got to share much of your Christmas.  See you in a few days. 
    Mom P

    ReplyDelete