Friday, December 22, 2006

Every gift is wrapped. The cookie tins are still pretty full, even after hosting Family Dinner here on Tuesday. Sunday morning and Sunday evening clothing has been mostly determined, including my two eBay "steals" of size 3T dresses (one Gap, one Gymboree) for $1.99/piece. (For all you eBay'ers out there, you'll be pleased to know that I even got combined shipping since they were from the same seller!) Plans for the weekend are coming together and they are all of them fun. I know what we will read together come Christmas Eve, what I will serve for breakfast Christmas morning, and how we will give gifts. (We'll be handing them out one at a time, like my family and Daniel's family has always done.)

Now all that's needed is a good snow.

Or not. I suppose I can handle yet another "green" Christmas.

(Who ever coined "green" Christmas? It sure looks brown out there to me...)

I find Christmas as a mom to be far more exciting than Christmas as a kid--and that's saying a lot! Excited or not, I am planning on getting a lot more sleep Christmas Eve than I did last year. Not being 37 weeks pregnant should help that cause.

I'm sure the thrill of winter will soon wear off--maybe it's just because it's been so unseasonably warm to date--but I am excited for so much more than just Christmas Day. We'll soon be ushering in the boot-stomping, rosy-cheeked season of funky snowmen, wool sweaters, hot cocoa, and cozy aphgans. What's not to love???

1 comment: