Saturday, December 16, 2006

I was reading the latest Above Rubies issue last night and was extremely surprised to see that one of the women who wrote an article has a daughter named Bronwyn. I pointed it out to Daniel saying, See! We're not the only ones who like the name!

More surprising, though, was the same-second realization that this family also has a son named Gabriel. I mean, what are the chances??

I've always thought there are certain names that seem to go together, like Sarah and Laura and Emily. (It often seems that if you meet a Sarah, she has a sister named Laura or Emily and vice versa.) Who knows? Maybe in the next ten years we'll start a new trend: Gabriels and Bronwyns making up sibling sets!

5 comments:

  1. I noticed that, too... I mean, in the AR magazine.  I love the name Bronwyn.  The first time I heard it was about 7yrs ago, and I would have loved to have named one of my children that... but unfortunately, the name is associated with a sensitive issue/memory in Sonny's side of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a trend setter!  Who knows... maybe Jackson will be thrown in the mix too! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny... that someone else has both a Gabriel and a Bronwyn... and about the Emily/Laura/Sarah thing.  I've definitely noticed that! 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just realized that I forgot to get my Above Rubies when I was at church. Oh, how dissapointing! I look forward to reading them so much.
    And I have a sister named Emily. So, I guess I can help prove your theory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've noticed the Sarah/Emily thing, too. Of course, my older sister is Sarah! And there's a new family at church with Sarah/Emily sisters. I've met a lot of them. But another Gabriel and Bronwyn in the same family is surprising!

    ReplyDelete