Thursday, December 28, 2006

A train set and a dollhouse. No snow and then snow. Cookies and pies and cakes and candies. Fevers and runny noses and minimal sleep. Red bows and St. Nicholas wrapping paper. Stuffed stockings and pretty gift bags. Mom and Dad and sisters and brothers. Home and travel. A thoughtful husband and really cute kids. Surprises and kind gestures. Work and rest.

He came that I might live.

Really live.

We've had a wonderful Christmas, and our two days in Cortland only seemed to lengthen the holiday celebrations. I must confess that I don't quite feel ready to re-establish regular life; this is all too much fun. I like gift-giving. I like long meals and burned-out candles. I like the pause we all take.

I like Christmas.


2 comments:

  1. Don't re-establish regular life too soon...here come Rah-Rah and Aunt Bethie! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a wierd question...is that where Cortland apples get their name?

    ReplyDelete