Monday, May 22, 2006

Things To Do:

1. Get back to memorizing Scripture. The infrequency of large chunks of time for reading the Word make this practice all the more necessary for me. I also want to get Gabriel memorizing.

2. Make a plan for being more intentional with my children. Far too many days end with me feeling as though I never quite got ahead them.

3. Find unique ways to bless my children. I mentioned Robert Andrews' book The Family in a recent post. One of the things he talks about the need for us, as parents, to be good givers--like our Father. I want to heap good things upon my children, especially as they grow in their obedience and submission to me.

4. Update my weekly breakdown of chores. Life with three children is settling into a norm, and now I can better determine what the adjusted needs and demands of our family are.

5. Begin increasing my [newly-established] daily exercise regimen. So far, so good--but there are higher heights! I want to be around for my grandkids!

6. Start taking five minutes six times daily to stop and give thanks. I want to be purposeful in my gratitude so that 1) He will be honored and 2) the right things will be brought into focus throughout my days.

5 comments:

  1. up pretty late aren't we? i mean, after all - when else are you going to find time to sleep with three children?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the blog on memorizing has inspired us all. I started with fresh determination last night myself.

    And the giving thanks five minutes six times daily reminds me of the kitchen timer days, the trick learned from Nancy Campbell.

    An exercise regimen -- hmmmm -- maybe not quite yet. But I sure need to get a handle on my sweet eating habits! And come to think of it, I have had intentions of doing the soup can thing while I'm sitting resting my ankle. Better get to it!

    Intentional with the kids. I'm getting around a bit more. I'm not sure if that makes my life more routine, or more distracted. Probably a bit of both, being the sanguine that I am...

    Got the house clean downstairs -- now to get the upstairs in order as well. Then to get back to the chore chart and keep it all in order for the whole summer -- :) Ha, ha...

    And giving to our children. That is absolute delight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may want to check out singtheword.com. Lael and Alyssa both walk around singing the Scriptures and I have memorized most of them as well. I'm not sure if the CD's are availible around here but I'm sure you could order them online somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a great cd all of my children love.... I could make you a copy if you want... Not sure who likes the whole "make a copy" idea...
    It is called praying the bible..... we are hooked on all the versions of these.... can't spend tons of time at IHOP KC and not!
    http://www.elijahshopper.com/detail.aspx?ID=713
    Our next purchase will be Patricia King's Decree for kids! We have the Decree original... great stuff!
    http://www.elijahshopper.com/detail.aspx?ID=2585

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry about yesterday evening. I COMPLETELY understand. Hope you're feeling better. Daniel was able to somehow sqeeze in a tour of your house while balancing Jackson and keeping Gabriel and Bronwyn under control (he did well- you'd be proud). The house is beautiful! You do such a job keeping it clean too, very well done. I will most definately stop in again, hopefully next time more anounced. Perhaps I should get a phone number next time:) have a good night.

    ReplyDelete