Saturday, May 27, 2006

I don't know our summer house-guest all-together too well yet. We're still in the initial stages of familiarity. I know that she likes taking long walks, if there isn't exercise equipment and a fitness center such as one might find at their university around. I know that she doesn't eat a lot of the foods we do--like milk and cheese--and not because she's allergic; rather, she eats this way because she tries to be healthy. I also know that she can talk like she's from Minnesota, and she talks like this fairly often.

One thing I know for sure is that our house-guest likes shoes. She has red ones and turquois ones and polka-dotted ones and so on. Suddenly, my children can be found putting on whatever pair of shoes she's left near the door and pretending they're "Kelly" several times a day. At first I was wondering why they are doing this with her shoes when they've never done it with mine. But, let's be honest, if you were 21 months or 3 years old, would you rather play with Mom's brown oxfords or Kelly's pink sequined slides?

To be even more honest, I wouldn't mind putting on Kelly's shoes either. Unfortunately for me, we don't wear the same size. So I'm stuck with my practical yet boring black and brown leather options.

Oh--and the green flip-flops I splurged and bought for Easter.

5 comments:

  1. HAHA!  Cute.  I splurged and got myself a pair of white heels.  It's the first time I ever bought heels just for the sheer enjoyment of wearing them to church or something.  In the past it's always been for some one-time special event.  $12 at Payless... and I love my feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would advise watching a movie with kelly to get a little more acquainted . . . perhaps something like "one fine day". my opinion is: make jokes, laugh, cry, and complain during a movie - you'll get to know someone (or at least their character and sense of humor) pretty well. just a suggestion - but if you were looking for a little more casual atmosphere - you could always just have me over to lighten up the evening. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh...that's too bad (about the different shoe sizes that is).  If you want to borrow anything else, though, you can:)  "Ya fur sure!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. K. Just to give you a little bit of help:

    Kelly is at her best when most of us are at our worst: in the wee small hours of the morning. when she still has her glasses on and her pj's are dishevled--that's when she is funniest. We like her best when she is being funny.

    She is also very clever with hair and makeup.

    She's a good listener and won't repeat what she hears.

    Kelly LOVES to dance. Dance. Dance. Dance. Put some music on and set the kids loose with her, she'll dance circles and squares and all sorts of shapes and keep the kiddies occupied too.

    She's also a good writer. You might not totally know that, but she is, really. And because she's a good writer, she's a half decent reader. You can help her with the good stuff like Daddy-Long-Legs and such.

    She likes to wear things that don't match unless they're on her.

    She says "Ooooohhhhh" a lot.

    When she dances she sticks out her lips in a pretty good imitation of Nemo. She also raises her eyebrows simultaneously.

    Hmmm. I could come up with some more, but this has probably sufficiently embarrassed her already =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i didnt know you had a xanga.....

    ReplyDelete