Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Pregnancy Update*


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
36w 3d

*If you don't like the details on pregnancy, you may want to pass on by this entry. It contains nothing besides the details.

My Weight: 139lbs (+27lbs this pregnancy)
My Blood Pressure: 112/60
Fundus: 32cm (+2cm since August 2nd)
Baby's Heart Rate: high 150s - low 160s

At today's appointment, I found out that my doctor is soon headed out of town for 2 weeks. Not a big deal, since I assume I will go at least a couple days late with this baby as I have with the others. But I have to confess that even the remote possibility of someone I have never met delivering my baby isn't an altogether thrilling thought, and so I am all the more ready to keep our bean where she is for the long-haul.

After telling me that she's off to Arizona to see her daughter and then finding out that I've been passing lots of mucus and having quite a few contractions in the last week, my doctor very politely asked if I would be opposed to an exam so that she could at least give the other doctor a more detailed report on me. I appreciated her deference and could understand her reasoning, so I agreed.

She checked things out and I'm 1-2cm dilated (hey-- that's 1+cm I'll not have to dilate again!), at least 80% effaced, and the baby is between stations 0 and +1 (hooray!-- I don't have a lot of pushing in my future!). And while all of this means very little when all is said and done, the whole thing really brought home the reality of a baby soon being here.

And the fact that I have to deliver her.

*deep breath*

10 comments:

  1. Great news!  I'm praying for the perfect birth day for this little girl.  I am also praying for a calm, relaxed, uneventful delivery. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. "hey-- that's 1+cm I'll not have to repeat again this pregnancy!"

    Apparently Mom's pep talks during previous labors have made an impression on you. :)

    You look great. And go late, because it's looking like I might be in town at the end of the month! And I want to be part of the pizza party in the waiting room again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought of you when she told me she was heading out of town...  Will be praying about that one for sure. 
    Isnt it amazing how the last few weeks creep up on you?  I mean, wasnt it only weeks ago that we were praying for a long pregnancy for you and now, here you are, just about to the end.  God is so good. 
    Have you decided on a name yet?  (Dr M always laughs when she asks me because she knows that we havent right until the end!)
    ~*~Hey Danica... there wont be time for a waiting room pizza party this time -Didnt you hear, this delivery will be the shortest yet!  (*grin*wink*) ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! This baby will be any day now! You may not realize it, but we've been cheering you and this sweet baby on, over here, too!

    I understand you feelings on possibly not having your doctor to deliver you. My midwife and back-up doctor were both on vacation, when Westley decided to make his grand entrance and my doctor was in Italy, when Cor and Nat were born! It is a little weird but it's really not bad. Dr. Lizardi ended up delivering my girls and he was so nice and very professional. No worries!

    BTW-You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Horray for 1 cm being done.  At least all those contractions are actually doing something, right?  But, I think that you have proved previously that beginning to dilate means nothing about how soon the little one will actually arrive!  Enjoy your last day of being 24!   

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for progress already! Glad to hear it was a good report. I'll try not to be envious of the fact that you've made some progress already and I'm still waiting for something, anything.
    Happy early birthday!!!! I hope you have fun with "Daniel's plans". :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great News!  All is Well and God is Good All the Time!  Looking forward to seeing the new star in the Paladin Family!  Happy Birthday and have a wonderful day and celebrate!.  Love to All

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can understand the fear of not wanting a stranger delivering your little one.  My husband is in the military and when Abram was born he was is Irag.  In the military you are not seen by the same Dr. each visit, unless you're lucky, and who ever is on call is who will be delivering your baby.  Scared... a little! First baby, no husband, and no idea who to expect "helping" at the other end!  God was so good!  I was blessed with the only midwife on duty and was able to have Abram just as I wanted.  
     Good luck...she's almost here!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look fantastic!  Wow--I cannot believe that you are weeks away from delivering.  Time sure does fly.  I know that the thought of it makes you nervous.  I will be praying for a fast, healthy, safe and pain free delivery.  I haven't been on in a while...any names?
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday!  What are your big plans for today?  (other than changing diapers, picking up toys, disciplne, makine pb&j etc!)

    ReplyDelete