Saturday, September 8, 2007

Misc.

:: Gabriel and Bronwyn want to know why the baby isn't here yet. "You said after your birthday, Mama."

Now I have to explain that there are a whole lot of days that can fall under the category of After My Birthday.

Like 364.

:: The chairs for our dining room arrived the other day; the table is on back-order until early October. Even after I applied birthday $$, money received after a recent ministry trip, the anonymous gift we were given several weeks ago, and all the discounts I could possibly scrounge up (about 25% off, all said and done), our savings account still had to chip in a lot. Daniel says he's so blessed by how much having people into our home is important to me. I tell him I'm really fortunate to have a husband who isn't stingy financially with me.

Bottom line: in a month or so I'll be able to easily fit 10-12 people around our dining room table! Yippee!!

:: I feel as though I'm on the Early Labor On Installment Plan. It's rather uncomfortable and makes me feel like a time-bomb even though it probably shouldn't. At least once a night, Daniel wakes me up to say, "You're moaning." That's when I realize I'm having contractions and so I get a big glass of water and walk a bit to make them stop.

And then an hour later I'm awake again because I have to go the bathroom after drinking the big glass of water.

My saving thought is that I may actually be done with early labor before I ever go into labor.

(I can hope anyway, can't I?)

:: I simply can't figure out how my house gets so dusty in the summer. In the winter, the forced air heating system justifies the thick layer that accumulates in just a few short days. What is the current cause, I want to know?

:: In my on-going effort to eliminate refined flours from our house except for special occasions, I've officially switched us to wheat tortillas. Gabriel is very unthrilled with this, and now when I make quesadillas for dinner, he asks me if I'm making the "good kind with big brown spots or the yucky kind with little brown spots."

Daniel is a pretty good sport about the dietary changes, but he does tell me that he feels as though he's living in a whole wheat world. I tell him that people living in that world feel better and that their bodies work better.

Bronwyn's taste-buds honestly seem to prefer healthier foods. For instance, she prefers dark chocolate to candy necklaces.

:: Speaking of food, we've all been awake for more than 2 hours and I've yet to feed the kids breakfast. No wonder they're whining!

7 comments:

  1. Actually for our vacation, Maygen will be there. They agreed to hold off until we're home from our vacation! Very nice.
    I love the table!! How nice! Very exciting:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are really on the healthy bandwagon. I try to feed the kids healthily, but I'm not as far out as you. And congrats on the table! That's exciting. I love having people over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the same thing recently about all the dust that is accumulating in our home as well, just where does it come from anyway ??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to drop by and say happy birthday!

    We've also made the "big" tortilla switch this year and so far, so good. I also think that is a great table... My mom's been looking for something similar. (I think she's finally ready to give up the old TR relic. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love the wheat and other grains at our house!  Once you switch, there's no going back!
    It does however make entertaining a bit more interesting.  I get a lot of..."what is this?"  After explaining..."hmmm. Interesting."
    It makes for some good laughs on my end, plus, I can squeeze a little nutrition lesson in to all who feast at my table.  (which I will too be needing a larger table.  I must wait until I have a larger dinning area first!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea, for a larger table!!  I was just about to post this very same thing on Monday.  Ours old one seated 4 but now we have 5 people!  My husband bought me a new table for our upcoming 5th anniversary!!!  Aren't new tables and husbands great!!
    Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have mostly switched to whole wheat flour in our diet, too, though it was more at Tim's prompting than my own. I must confess that I really prefer the refined white stuff over the healthier wheat, but I can handle not having it so much. The hardest for me is pasta, though...I don't know if I will ever be able to fully convert to whole wheat pasta...I guess that will be my indulgence.

    ReplyDelete