Sunday, September 23, 2007

Faith, My Friend

When Daniel and I were very much newlyweds (maybe married 4-5 months), a pastor in the area we were living in shared a prophetic word with us. There were many elements to it and we have gone on to see God do what He said He would do. We have also found much strength as the Lord has brought to mind this word time and time again.

The final admonition we received that night several years ago was, "Make faith your friend and fear your enemy."

God has been reminding us of this again.

All around us in the NICU are families who are in difficult battles. Their babies are sick and their hearts are broken. The tears that are wept are very real. These are people who are not only facing significant troubles, but also unbelievable fear. I see it in other mothers' eyes and I recognize it well, because the tentacles of this fear have tried to tie my heart up, too.

The Lord promises to deliver me from both the troubles and the fear. And He has-- over and over and over again in these past 10 days.

And as He does, I am undone by His tender mercy.

He loves us. He restores us. He heals our hearts and our bodies. He gives rest. He lends strength. He defends and does battle for us.

How good it is to know the Lord.

4 comments:

  1. You have no idea how many are watching you-
    and being challenged by your response to this trial of life.
    May God bless you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miguel shared a scripture with Daniel before leaving yesterday. As he quoted it, I thought of God's faithfulness to provide us with the Word. And because Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God, it is such a wondrous gift. In times such as these certain Words become dear friends that are turned to as a source of confidence and faith again and again.

    I recall such a scripture shared with us even before Merrick's struggles were fully known - Psalm 112:6-8 Surely he will never be shaken; The righteous will be in everlasting remembrance. He will not be afraid of evil tidings; His heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. His heart is established; He will not be afraid, Until he sees his desire upon his enemies.

    The verse shared by Miguel was this: Psalm 118:8 - It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.

    It is a marvelous scripture to meditate on. I am sure it will remind you of where our true source of victory lies. May He be your portion both now and forevermore. I love you, Bri.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome.  Just to let you know, we're still praying.  I took the picture of Baby Aubrey--the one where she is looking up at the camera with her little hand extended--and put it as a backround picture on my computer.  Every time I turn the computer on, or close programs down, there she is with her little hand extended reminding me to pray for her and I most certainly do.  
    By the way, that picture is adorable and I can't help thinking how cute she is when I see it.  It's a melt-you-heart type picture for sure!

    ReplyDelete