Monday, November 6, 2006

We've reached the cold-morning months. You know: the days when it's torture to remove the blanket and expose your flesh to the biting temperature you keep your house at throughout the night hours. (The reason for keeping your house cold at night is simply that your heating bill will be more than the national defecit if you don't.)

Today, the forced air heating system happened to be on the "forced air" part of the cycle when I had to crawl from under my down comforter. This was wonderful, since it meant that my house was at 61* instead of 58-59* when the morning air greeted me fully. (Of course, I promptly cranked the thermostat up to our "daytime" setting of 68*.)

Ah.

The little things in life.

* * * * *

A question was issued: what is 57 Market St? I realized--too late--after my last post that for those not from the small circle of my life, one might think I was going to be moving soon. Oh no. That is definitely not it. I love my "yellow house."

57 Market St. will soon be CFC's College Life Center.

Yup. It's really happening! It won't be long before that recently and well-remodeled storefront will serve as a meeting place and outreach center to area college students.

Let me just say it's really cool to be around 40+ students who are totally psyched about this.

* * * * *

Speaking of students, BASIC was great. I missed several big chunks of sharing due to a certain 9.5-month-old who was having to be flexible with sleep just by staying up through worship that wasn't over until at least 9pm both nights, but I got to be there to get the flavor of what the Lord was doing and that was awesome. And I was also there to witness more changes to the conference that the new BASIC leadership has made--all of them good.

* * * * *

Heat, coffee, children playing happily.

I'm blessed, huh?

9 comments:

  1. Congatulations on getting your building. We are very excited for you and stand with you in the Spirit. We love CFC, and we love college students...as, of course does God! Go get 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brietta-
    I'm just catching up on the Paladin world. How exciting about the new center. Praise God!
    Hope all is well for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is exciting news for the college ministry - and a great location! It's good to know that there are students there who are passionate for Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Abby used to say when the boiler started up in the fall...

    "The sound of Hope!"

    I guess Larry and I cheat somewhat. We keep the house pretty cool, but we have a space heater in the bedroom. Babies are such a good excuse for being comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look forward to stopping by 57 Market Street!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My big question about 58-59* is this: how do you keep the children from freezing their waddles at night?  You may have seen my confession on Danica's blog about not putting my children in PJ's, but that's not entirely true.  I put them in fleece zip-ups in the winter, especially the two younger ones who still haven't managed to keep a blanket over them for more than a half-hour.  Maybe I'm just weird, but I set the temp down during the day and up during the night.  I figure during the day we're moving around, layered, ya' know.  But at night I know I can layer up and hunker down, but my children haven't mastered that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm feeling good. My back is back to normal so I'm feeling human again. I talked with Sarah and we're trying to get the plans in place for Thanksgiving weekend! I'm looking forward to seeing you, Daniel and the little ones:) How are you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the offer to keep the kids!  That really is kind.  Ryan had actually already made arrangements with Carol to watch them.  She's the official anniversary sitter!  haha.  Poor girl.  I just hope that they aren't too dificult for her.  Jocelyn has been going through a very afraid time.  She is telling us that she is scared of everything. 

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so spoiled. Our only source of heat is a wood furnace and it averages around 80-90 in here and we often have to.....are you ready?.......open the windows for it to cool down.
    I really do feel awful about people enduring cold houses. : (

    ReplyDelete