Wednesday, November 1, 2006

I'm sorry, he said as he headed out the door.

I knew he was apologizing on behalf of the children, who had already managed to terrorize me to the point of insanity.

Why? For not taking me with you? I laughed as I responded.

He smiled as he left the porch. I shut the door with a sigh and leaned my head against it. I wonder why it sometimes helps to just close my eyes for a minute -- after all, I know exactly what is going on behind me since my children are none too quiet in their bickering and disobedience -- but it does. It helps more if I breathe a quick cry for help to the Lord, too.

He never said it would be easy. I didn't bother asking.

He never said it wouldn't be lonely. I figured it would be so.

He never said it would be stress-free. I'd seen enough looks on mothers' faces to know it isn't.

He never said I wouldn't cry. I knew I would.

But He did say they're a blessing. And He was right.

<Edit>
Here is a picture for my sister far away. I apologize in advance for it not necessarily showing my haircut super-well. It was my first time taking a "MySpace" photo; I'm just glad I didn't cut part of my face off or anything!



I'm always surprised by how many freckles I have. Guess I'm more "Sinclair" than I often think!</Edit>

2 comments:

  1. I would just like to say...for what it's worth...that you are a VERY cool person:) I love reading your comments to see how your life is going & I love hearing, BEFORE I have children, that it's ok to not always have it all together....Lord knows I need to hear that:) I'll pray that God blesses you today with a special ray of sunshine in whatever form it may come (I hope that doesn't sound to corny, haha).

    Much love to you and your family:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was me yesterday... Thanks for posting things because I really had thought I was crazy and loosing it and I was the only one who had days where the kids were just not getting it!  Today (at this minute), little Ash is sitting on my lap and looking at pictures of "Bo-ey" (Larry Boy) and actually not touching the keyboard, pushing off my lap or whining to get down.  Miracle?  Nope. Grace and mercy?  Probably.  A Blessing?  Absolutely!
    PS: No wonder I haven't seen you on Friday's -I would never have recognized you!!! 

    ReplyDelete