Thursday, November 30, 2006

Observations:

1. Whenever I go grocery shopping, it rains. Or at least it seems to.
2. Five stockings hanging from our stair railing is so much more fun than four.
3. Inexpensive electric candles really are lighter in weight than expensive ones and, therefore, problematic.
4. Jamie Cullum is a blast to listen to.
5. Last year, my house transformed from the outside in. (Wreaths were hung before we even lived here.) This year, my house is transforming from the inside out, which means that my dead mums still have residence by my front door.
6. Three kids sleeping at the same time inevitably makes me happy. Hugs & kisses from three kids makes me even happier.
7. Life is busy. If I keep waiting for things to slow down, I might be waiting forever.
8. My new washer definitely cleans clothes better than my old washer did.
9. I like having my girl "sandwiched" by two boys. It's fun.
10. Not having stores nearby actually makes sticking to the Christmas budget harder. (Not as many good sales to choose from.)

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like having your girl sandwiched between the boys. My little girl will be in the exact same situation, and I've been somewhat worried that it will turn her into a hard-core tomboy. (She already greatly prefers her brother's trucks, trains and balls to anything "girly".) So... I guess we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. You should grocery shop on the days I grocery shop. It never rains. Wait a minute. Never mind- it may start.
    2. I vote twins for you next time around. That way, you'll write, "Seven stockings hanging from our stair railing are so much more fun than five."
    3. My battery operated candles need new batteries every third day. I think they must have been manufactured by Energizer.
    4. Who?!
    5. My house is being transformed, but in a different way.
    6. Four kids sleeping at the same time inevitably makes me happy. Four kids and MOM sleeping at the same time makes me even happier (as well as the older three- for then they can have a snack and watch a DVD)!
    7. Read The Tyranny of the Urgent.
    8. AND uses less water, and reduces drying time!
    9. I like having my girls(s) sandwiched by five boys. It's fun!
    10. Not having the Gap nearby makes me not want to shop. Aafter all, our connection is too slow to enjoy on-line browsing. Don't you pity me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so nice seeing you over the holiday.  Sorry I missed the playdate at Shell's but I know what I got done Monday has allowed me to relax these past few days.
    Hope you get Mexican Train for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have dead mums on th front stairs of my house, too...and no outdoor decorations up. I figure the nonstop rain for the past 4 days, and the big snowstorm today offer a nice excuse for that, though.

    ReplyDelete