Thursday, November 9, 2006

My soul is feeling bruised.

Could be that I'm in "that place" that the cycle of my heart does at times lead me to. A place of disillusionment, disappointment, and discouragement.

Could be that my enemy is real and waging war against me.

Could be that physical exhaustion sooner or later translates into spiritual and emotional exhaustion, and that I am perpetually tired.

Could be that He is allowing the pursuits of my heart to be revealed for what they are: my pursuits.

Could be.

Today has been one of tears. If you asked me what about, I'm not quite sure I could tell you. I might just say, "Anything and everything," and leave it at that. (Days like this aren't brought on by logic, anyway.)

It's probably because I have toddlers, but Jesus Loves Me is the song I find myself singing more and more. When dressing Bronwyn, while washing sticky hands, as I nurse Jackson, in the morning and afternoon and evening, such simple songs as this are my tune.

Jesus loves me, this I know,
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong;
They are weak, but He is strong.

He loves me. And I know. This heart, this soul--bruised and battered as I might feel--knows that Jesus loves me. And though I'm weak, He is ever strong.

Does anything else really matter?

5 comments:

  1. There must be something in the air, for I've been feeling a bit melancholy of late, too. Hum, I think "Jesus Loves Me" is a well-known song among children for the connection it has with us moms: we find ourselves singing its simple reminder over and over, for it's the rock we stand on when the world shakes and quakes around us, as it does so often where young children stir.

    He knows what you feel, and He is ready to comfort and encourage you. May you know His presence this day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thoughts you share are always precious, because they always return to Christ as your all in all. There is nothing more comforting to this mom...
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eyes are on the right remedy, which says a lot about the foundation built in your heart.  And what a good example to your children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya....
    Do you remember ever having a day like that before you had children?  I know I didn't... days when you just feel sad... inexplicably sad... you weep, but you're not sure why... I honestly think it's from bearing babies and our hormones.... I had them more when I was pregnant or breastfeeding...
    Here's my verse for days like those:
    He shall feed His flock like a shepherd. He will gather the lambs in His arms and carry them in His bosom...   (here comes the part for hormonal mommies :o)) and shall gently lead those that are with young....
    The Good Shepherd knows that the 'ones that are with young' need special care... special tenderness... doesn't it just BLESS YOU to know He understands and is gentle with you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right, Jesus is all that matters!

    I am with you about the tears thing, and I know all about those hormones . . . I have five children five and under (and three in heaven via miscarriages), we've been married just six years now and the year before that I had ovarian cancer . . . so I know about emotional swings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Emotionlly, physically, and spirituall seem all so connected: they affect each other soooo much!!!!!!!

    Just hang in there and hold on to Jesus . . . His grace is there, IT IS ENOUGH! I testify to that! God is good!

    Just a Daisy in the Meadow - aimee.astitch.biz

    ReplyDelete