Saturday, September 9, 2006

Thinking about...

...how wonderful a sunny 80* felt yesterday, and how cold a damp 65* will feel today. I didn't realize such a dramatic drop in temperatures was possible.

Guess it is.

...the plans for gardening I made in the spring, put on hold because I need to wait for the fence to be built before doing much. I am itching to make this house look more lived-in--more loved--so I have decided to look into ordering a whole bunch of tulip bulbs to plant along the front of our house in anticipation of next spring. The only problem? I've no clue where to begin looking.

Help, anyone?

...how often my generation champions verses about our Christian liberties (i.e. 1 Corinthians 10:23); how much we value the truth that we need to act according to our faith; but how little we talk about Matthew 18:6, But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Why is that?

...how good it was to be at the prayer meeting on Wednesday night, and how much I loved spending some time with the students last night. I wonder if I will ever get over the joy of meeting with other believers?

I hope not.

12 comments:

  1. Try www.michiganbulb.com or google tulip bulbs and you will get a bunch of different sites. I've purchased from MB before and been very satisfied. Happy planting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell you what I've done in the past. You see, I have this very unique tactic when it comes to planting tulip bulbs. Each fall, I buy tons of nice bulbs on clearance (you know, end-of-season sales). I stractigically leave them in the plastic store bag (oh, from Agway, Willow Tree, HomeDepot, etc) somewhere in our garage. Then, in the spring, when I drive around and see lots of beautifully colored early blooming flowers, I suddenly remember the bulbs I purchased way back in the fall. But remember, I only paid 1/3 the original price! I go to the bag to find that my bulbs do, in fact, look just like all the years before...dreadfully rotten and moldy! Hey, at least I'm consistent, right? It is quite like a tradition now, and no matter that I could have Willow Tree come and professionally landscape for a half day for about the same amount I've spent on clearance bulbs. But we're looking at the bright side here! You have now learned from MY mistakes and will be certain to NEVER make them yourself. Isn't that helpful? P.S. I'm really wondering if rotten bulbs would bloom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Larry bought me daffodil bulbs from bloomingbulb.com - just came yesterday! (Were supposed to be a birthday present, but they didn't ship 'til now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the birthday wishes to Hayla. She is having fun. We got her a nice little Cinderella soft chair with a board book bible. It is very cute! So I hope you all are doing GREAT! We are! We miss you though too!

    AnDi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll not comment about flowers.  I think your thoughts about "your" generation are penetrating. Too often we (all) forget that Christianity is about being "in Christ."  I don't mean each of us as individuals, but all of us together.  How could we then say that what I do is between me and God?  What we do and say profoundly affects the whole body. Yes, we are our brother's keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just noticed that bronwyn's little lilypie figure is wearing way-too-big-heels.... how appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tulips are a great idea. I love the way the look in the spring, but I'm never organized enough to buy them in the fall.

    ...that's a great diaper changing rule you have at church. I'm bringing it up at the next mtg!

    The honey mustard chicken is soo good! I made them with chicken tenders b/c they are so good in wraps the next day for lunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess people would call me harsh, but I tell Matthew all the time about the "millstone", because he tends to lead Alan and sometimes other children to follow him in doing the wrong thing.  But he really needs to be told that, and how important it is to watch who is following you.  I do too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She seemed to have fun. I think I will post some pix when I get them on this computer. Poor girl is sick now I guess. She has a runny nose and she has been sneezing a lot. Just recently it happened, I noticed it today. Have a great day!

    AnDi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brietta,
    Chris and Any, our next-door neighbors recently gave my a huge bag of tulip bulbs.  There are many more than I can use.  I would be very glad to send a few dozen with Matt and the crew that are visiting at the end of September.  They are either white or red or some of each and they are free.  Would you like me to send them?
    I love the pictures of Jackson.  What a precious smile.
    Love,
    Momma P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haven't heard from you in a while!  How is everything going at the little yellow house?

    ReplyDelete