Tuesday, September 5, 2006

On the Horizon:
  • A new "Sinclair" baby. I am shamelessly excited to meet one that I haven't personally delivered! Could be tomorrow, could be 3+ weeks from now... but soon, either way.
  • My 25th year alive. I'll be 24 years old, in case you can't figure that out.
  • Raking leaves and burning them. I have missed that distinct and wonderful autumn smell that can only be enjoyed when living in rural USA.
  • A visit from two of my dearest friends at the end of the month! This will be my first chance to sit and really talk with them since I moved from Pittsburgh last October.
  • Our yard getting fenced in. The fruits of this won't truly be experienced until next spring, but it's still exciting to me.
  • Getting to know the many new faces of students that joined us on Sunday. Yay!
  • Cherry pie tomorrow morning for breakfast, baked by my mom for me and left-over from this evening's celebration. The family singing Happy Birthday to me in person (not over the telephone) hasn't happened since I turned 19 until tonight; kinda made me feel like a little girl and super-special all over again.
  • New mercies. I cannot even describe how much peace this affords my heart.

19 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Brietta. Have a blessed year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!  Mine's tomorrow. 27!.  eek.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I feel terrible that I haven't called you yet. I could use an ear.
    My weekend was great... Gap outlet at Lake Placid made me quite happy.
    I'm working at my old job for the next two weeks to help them out. Hopefully I'll squeeze in a visit to you this month:).
    Hope your day is absolutely fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy happy birthday.

    i'll help keep on eye on kids tonight if you want. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please save some of those leaves for when we visit!  I love that smell as well.  My grandparents were allowed to burn so the smell takes me back!  We have been so busy that I keep "forgetting" that we are coming to visit.  I am so excited!  Is there anything from down here that you can't get up there and would like to have?  If so, please let me know, I love to bring it up to you.
    Hope your 25th year is even more wonderful than the rest! 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! I'm glad you were able to celebrate with your family again! How fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new picture!  I love the light when it's yellow like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey happy birthday! I love your new profile pic, you look really great! I also didn't get the chance to comment on the family pics, the kids are sooooo adorable. I just started looking at Garrett's warmer pjs and i got all excited about a change in the weather=)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!  Have a great one!  I think that you should have pie and ice cream all day whenever you want it on your birthday! 

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE THE NEW PIC! Always BEAUTIFUL!

    AnDi

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww..cute! I love the pics! Thanks for the comment!!! I will add you to my proctected list if you would like?!?! let me know!
    have a good day!
    <33

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday, Brietta!! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday!  I'm glad you had a nice celebration.  It is good to feel how special we really are.  Your kids are so adorable!  Have you got alot of college kids coming out this year? 

    ReplyDelete