Friday, September 15, 2006

It's amazing how early 6:30am isn't when I've slept well throughout the night. I'd kind of forgotten what normal sleep is; 8 months--or, more realistically, 3.5 years--of interrupted sleep will do that to you.

Yes, Night #2 of Jackson Project was without contest the second best night's sleep since Jackson's birth. He went from 8pm-3:45am without waking once, and then slept very peacefully the rest of the night with me. Of course, his sound sleeping means that he's bright-eyed and ready to play by 6:30am (did you really think I was waking up that early voluntarily?!), but I can deal with that.

And, while the past two days have been rather gloomy weather-wise, they have been brightened by peaceful nights, a visit from her and her two delightful children, an evening shared with them, and a hair style by her. Nice.

6 comments:

  1. Yipee for two great nights of sleep! I also used to have to cluster feed my girls, both around 6-8 month, in order to get them sleeping better. Those active babies sure do keep the moms on their toes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like ALL the cool people had their hair done yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I just noticed your comment and I am laughing hysterically. But unfortunately, NO! Also, I just noticed that your little princess has the same middle name as my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't it say the Lord grants rest to those He loves? :)
    Thanks for the pie crust recipe.  I have one that I use a lot but I'm never opposed to trying a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. continuous sleep is amazing...i think, i can't quite remember what it was like- but it sounds nice=P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Brietta!  I'm so glad that you have gotten some sleep, that frist night always makes me feel like a new woman.  I totally love waking up with chubby arms around me too.  My son is a snuggler, though Josh doesn't really like him in bed with us.  You are doing great!  Keep up the good work, your children know how much they are loved so you can't go wrong with sleeping and feeding habits.  Congratulations to the Dunphey's too.  We are so excited for all of you.

    ReplyDelete