Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Days go by.

Sundays have been packed since the return of the semester. Either worship practice at 8:30am or Sunday School at 9:15am marks the official take-off time, though for me it begins much earlier with ready-ing children for worship. These past two weeks have found us making a wearied and satisfied return through the red door of our yellow house after 5pm, just in time for Daniel to make a quick exit for Campus Ministry LIFE Group at 6pm.

Yesterday didn't really seem to exist for me, not while I was living it nor in thinking back on it. I was tired. Being tired often means for me a loss of perspective. And a loss of perspective results in an aimless (if any) agenda. This is never a good thing.

Today found me running errands. Not my usual kind of grocery-hunting errands. Instead, I was at Lowe's and Wal-Mart with Daniel (Tuesdays are his day-off, as opposed to Saturday). We found some good deals on some things for the house, including tulip bulbs for less than 1/2 the price I'd found anywhere online. We also found that flooring is very expensive and that we will want to think long and hard before deciding that the floor in the bathroom is too discolored from water condensation dripping off of rusty toilet pipes to tolerate.

(The two big potted mums I came home with weren't really a good deal but they sure were pretty and, since we've gone all summer without anything flowering in our yard, I thought blooms on our front porch might be a worthy splurge... maybe even worth the $13 they cost!)

Sometimes I feel full of vision; full of life and hope and dreams and thoughts and lessons and hoped-for lessons. Other times, I feel empty. Just empty.

Without a doubt, it's the empty moments that test wherein my faith truly lies: me or Him. I pray I am found in Christ.

As days go by.

4 comments:

  1. so pretty much julia, you, and i have all used "days go by" to begin posts with.

    keith urban has gotten a hold of the sinclairs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so appreciate the way you live openly here - the successes & the struggles. You are one of my favorite places to visit. Have a wonderful day ~

    Love, Paige

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I was just thinking yesterday that I really am less busy with Ryan gone.  Maybe it's that I'm not doing all of the little running around/projets that I do for him or maybe it's that I don't have his mounds of laundry OR maybe I'm just trying to keep busy because I miss him and I end up getting a lot more done!  I definitly want to come over sometime.  I have some paperwork that I need to get done during nap time today, but other than that my goals are pretty small for the next few days.  Is there a time that works better for you guys?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too. (about being found in Christ)
    Our 85 sq/ft master bathroom was carpeted.  It was the the first project I planned to tackle when we bought the house.  While I was in the last months of pregnancy with Grace I went to a tiling class at Lowes and prepared my thoughts.  When she was four months old the task began.  It wasn't that hard, just very time consuming.  It cost about $150 in materials (but if your bathroom is smaller, it'll cost significantly less) and combining our talents we were able to pull it off... it looks BEAUTIFUL!  And we used the cheap tile!  I'm not interested in doing another tile project for a looooong time, but I still consider it off and on when I look at the yellowing linoleum in our second bathroom (that's a 3rd of the size).   Anyway, maybe that inspires you!

    ReplyDelete