Sunday, March 26, 2006

There's something very reassuring about being able to walk into Mom's family room after a hard day. It's the one place that I still don't mind crying about... nothing, really. And it's the one place where my kids can misbehave and I know we're still welcomed as gladly as if they were behaving like angels. Somehow, just being with Mom puts everything back in perspective. (While You Were Sleeping and pizza made by Stephen and Josh helps, too.)

I'm glad Mom's house is just down the road.

(And--if you're wondering--the reason I'm not at church right now is because Gabriel is, and has been, sick.)

8 comments:

  1. Yep... Here I am about to go to Wal-Mart (yipee!) on a Sunday morning because we've had another bout with fevers and vomiting so we're having a juice emergency.
    I'm just hoping that Gabriel did not get his germs from my kids!  Hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't moms wonderful like that ? !
    I hope Gabriel feels better. 
    By the way- Bronwyn looked adorable today in her little brown dress- such a cute daughter you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How glad I am that you were here -- While You Were Sleeping is always better with a daughter like you. And I love the little man and little lady anytime -- and holding Jackson always works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sick kiddos...i understand.  marky actually ended up in the ER fri. evening due to a cold that ended up in asthma breathing problems.  you are in our prayers.  missed you this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moms are such a blessing!  More often than not I wish mine was closer!!  Hope you're all feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss my mom! Oh and I wrote you a post in the other post you have below this one! God Bless.

    Andrea Josephs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so very glad that you can be close to your mom for this season in your life!  Isn't the Lord good to give us time with family? 
    It was such fun to see you at college ministry.  You and Daniel are really great with the group.  I'm amazed at how quickly you are getting to know everyone.  They all respect you a lot! 

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah that would be cool, if they are on the facebook, I could contact them, simply by using their first and last names. If you want to give them my info that's cool too: (678)371-8159, matthewsvaldes@gmail.com, on the facebook I go by Stephen Valdes.

    ReplyDelete