Friday, March 10, 2006

Just this--a quote from a favorite book--that I recently read again at another's website:

“Here is a little mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music
with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God,
and the body in which it dwells is worth all it will cost, since it is
abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained
one dearer than them all. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to
your mothers heart, welcome to her time, her strength, her health, to
her most tender cares, to her life-long prayers! Oh how rich I am, how
truly, how wondrously blest!”

--Elizabeth Prentiss’ Stepping Heavenward

4 comments:

  1. I had never read that before I saw it on her site. I thought it especially wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's beautiful. i can't wait for those emotions. i just can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful and helps with perspective, too.

    ReplyDelete