Monday, February 6, 2006

For several days there have been hearts hanging from the windows in my house--white and red. Two days ago I bought our first Valentine's Day tablecloth, along with a couple heart-shaped votives. This morning Gabriel and I rolled out sugar cookies, which we later frosted pink and decorated with red sprinkles and cinnamon candies. And so I figured I ought to make a couple quick changes to this site, as well. (I thought the picture of Bronwyn a very appropriate "fit".)

As far as I'm concerned, Valentine's Day is far less about romance and much more a celebration of the people we love. With that in mind, it becomes a family holiday. We will thoroughly enjoy it--even though I've had a very difficult time finding the plates I picture sitting on the shelf in my dining room and serving the afore-mentioned sugar cookies.

I love special days. Here's to another special day!

6 comments:

  1. that is so0 sweet! and Bronwyn is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a refreshing view of Valentines Day. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree. it's just another money making holiday. thats so cool that you can look at it that way. i may follow in your footsteps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Brietta-
    I'm going to have to cancel the idea I had for March 4 being my next ladies get-together. Does Daniel have anything scheduled for March yet? Any free saturdays?

    ReplyDelete