Friday, September 12, 2008

Our report


Aubrey got another great report today! Her growth and development are great, and her oxygen saturation levels are 85%, which is only 2-3% less than 3 months ago. They did a routine ECG, as well as a standard (transthoracic) echocardiogram, which showed continued increased (and good!) pressure in her pulmonary artery.

Dr. Byrum told us that he would be bringing Aubrey up in the next conference between all the cardiologists and the pediatric cardiology surgeon. He anticipates that they will want to do either a transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE) or a cardiac catheterization sometime in the next few months-- probably before Christmas-- so they can gather the missing information they need about Aubrey's heart (particulary regarding one artery's position, which they are currently very unsure about). This, however, in no way means we are going to surgery.

As of right now, Dr. Byrum is happy to "drag his heels" about surgery so long as the risks of surgery outweigh the risks of waiting. Aubrey is active and developing well, so he doesn't see any need to rush unless one of the other cardiologists has thoughts otherwise.

I'm really praying and believing that there won't be surgery required at any point.

Thanks for praying with me!

<edit>
I forgot to mention last night that Dr. Byrum wants Aubrey to come off one of her daily medications (digoxin). I'm super excited to eliminate one, but also a little apprehensive since the last time we tried taking her off this particular medication she wound up in the pediatric intensive care unit. Please be praying that her body will handle this transition flawlessly.
</edit>

9 comments:

  1. Praise God for another great report. We keep praying for no surgery now or in the future. God is big!
    We have to get these girls together. I can't believe they're a year and haven't met! How are your days looking this fall?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome report! She is just a miracle! Praise God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great report! We'll all just continue praying on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am continuing and will continue to pray with you.  We serve a God of miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise be to the Lord!!!  We will continue to pray with and for you and the next milestone to be made. 
    RYC: Yes, we are on the same page and I believe for the same reasons.  I have been listening and reading a LOT lately re women roles, leadership vs spiritual, authority, etc.  I am going to post my thoughts on that as well sometime but didnt want to mix my candidate views with that post.  SP is saved therefore, she *knows* her role as mother should come first.  It broke my heart when I saw her return home the other night and realized she hadnt even seen her 5 mo baby boy with a disability in days.  I dont have a problem with a woman as vp as I do with a mother of young children as vp.  Ugh -I dont want to get into that here...  Yes, abortion and family are our dealbreaker issues as well and for the same reason.   

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm standing with all of you and the many, many others with prayers for Aubrey.  Yes, God is soooo big.  Your precious little girl is already a miracle and more miracles to be seen in times yet to come.  We stand with steadfastness and believe that God will heal her totally!!!  Thank you Lord in advance for your healing yet to come in Jesus precious name.  Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your sweet girl!  We will all continue to pray for her!

    ReplyDelete