Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Still my baby...


Well, Aubrey may be a whole year old, climbing stairs (she made it up 4 yesterday before I grabbed her and put a gate up) and getting her first year molars, but she's still very much my baby who wakes at least 3x each night to nurse! I must admit that 12 months later, I'm really starting to feel the effects of not sleeping uninterrupted for more than 3 hours (max.) at a time. It's just never been in me to make a little baby cry it out, though, and I have to say I'm finding there are many benefits to all this nighttime nursing.

[For some reason, in spite of how much more she nurses at 1 year than my others did, I've yet to lose these last 3-4lbs that will allow me to fit into all my winter clothes!]

Honestly, though, I don't mind how much of a baby she still is. This year has flown by and I don't feel ready to let her start exploring toddlerhood. Her first weeks of life gave me a perspective I hope I never forget: life is infinitely precious and worth any and every demand.

My little snugglebum. It's such a privilege to be the soother of her injuries and the nurturer of her body and soul. I love her so.


2 comments:

  1. Well you never look or seem tired to me for only getting a max of 3 hours. I don't know HOW you do it! I'll admit I'm a little scared for whenever baby #3 comes and is more typical/normal?? in infant sleeping patterns, not that that's any time soon of course! They really do make it worth every effort and demand though don't they? Funny how when it does come to them you don't even think twice. And even I can say that in my literal hallucinations late in the night/wee hours of the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful.  Life is so precious.  Especially these little babes.  One year molars?!  I forgot about such things. =)  We're still working on Eleora's 5th tooth - the top, right incisor. 
    I agree - you've never seemed tired to me.  You're doing an excellent job!  I know that God is well pleased.  What a wonderful family full of sharp arrows!

    ReplyDelete