Monday, September 15, 2008

Lately


:: Friday night I pulled out all the fall decorations. I hadn't been planning on doing so until after Aubrey's birthday, but I had about an hour of spare time and the weather the day before had been so autumn-like that I just couldn't resist. It was almost comical that Saturday and Sunday were then so warm and muggy. My fall decorations were entirely out of place. Ah well. They feel very appropriate today.

:: Daniel's mom and dad were in town visiting, especially to celebrate Aubrey's birthday with us. It's always so nice to have them and we only ever wish they could stay for longer. I'm blessed to have in-laws that it's so easy to feel that way about.

:: Over plates heaped with pasta and brightly colored veggies and soft homemade bread, we celebrated Aubrey's birthday with a good number of friends and family. She seemed to enjoy the evening immensely, particularly the pretty pink candle in the pink frosted cupcake and all the tissue and wrapping paper that her gifts came in. Her actual birth wasn't the joyous occasion most births are, which made this first birthday celebration all the more sweet.

:: Our family room was packed last night with visitors who came to cheer on the Steelers with Daniel. I think he was especially glad to be able to watch a game this year with his dad. The occasion did, of course, call for kielbasa (ewwww).

:: I hardly slept a wink last night once the wind and rain picked up. It was quite the storm and I was amazed that we never lost power, seeing as how we've lost power multiple times this summer in much milder storms.

:: Today we waved good-bye to Grandma & Pap-Pap and then began our normal Monday routine. Daniel headed out and the kids I began school, which is so enjoyable for us all. When putting sounds of letters together today, Gabriel "got it," which was super exciting for both of us. It was cool to see him realize how reading works. Such fun!

:: Tomorrow is Daniel's day off. He will spend most of the day painting the exterior of the family room. Assuming all goes as planned in that regard, I will try to post pictures tomorrow evening of the initial priming, along with pictures from Aubrey's party. (I can't find the camera-computer cord right now...)


1 comment:

  1. I laughed when I read your first point because I did the same thing!  I've never been happier to be cold when I get up in the morning.  The weather over the weekend was just crazy!

    ReplyDelete