Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lately I've been thinking...


So I turned 26 yesterday.

Thursday night we celebrated with my family. Mom made a really yummy dinner. Daniel baked a carrot cake from scratch (his first real cake attempt ever). Yum.

Yesterday a really nice lady in a brick house made me a blueberry/peach crisp. Double yum.

To be honest, after thinking all last week that I was turning 27, I ironically feel younger now.

It's weird to realize that last year at this time I was gearing up for a baby I guessed would arrive in early October. We had no clue that Aubrey was so sick. God has been faithful in a million ways to me this year, but the gift of Aubrey's life and health sure does stand out.

God is so amazing. Life has its ups and downs, but I am seeing a bit more with each passing day and year how much His grace and love overshadows all else.


13 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I didn't realize that you and Elizabeth had birthdays back to back. Great notes on your first week of school. Life does go so much more smoothly when you concentrate on the most important things first. And the amount of time spent sounds quite appropriate. No wonder they enjoyed it so much! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday, Bri! Wishing you many, many more years of health, joy & peace!  :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretend this is a Chocolate Mocha Cake made just for you by me.  You will need at least a full glass of milk per piece -maybe two! (Trust me, a virtual one is much safer...  the real thing cant be left alone!  Though know that if I was closer, I would send the real thing.)  Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brietta :) Happy Birthday! Love, Q

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!  Sounds like you had a wonderful day filled with wonderful foods!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday Brietta~ Sounds like you were blessed on your day~
    God is amazing and the baby is a miracle, God is so good~

    ReplyDelete
  7. WE LOOOOOOOOVE AUBREY!!!!!!
    And I guess we love you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!  How wonderful.  Great cloth diaper review too!  You're insights are always so helpful.  We're trying to plan out a date to visit the Potsdam area sometime in October!  Right now I'm on the final push to finish typing and editing Grandpa T's autobiography, but I'll keep you posted when we decide to make the drive.  Can't wait to see you & your family again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday!!!  Many, many blessings to you this next new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday. Isn't it nice to be younger than you think? The same thing has happened to me quite a few times over the years.

    ReplyDelete