Thursday, January 5, 2006

I really am still alive! I just don't have internet access at my home
and, amidst settling into a house, making meals, grocery shopping,
visits to the doctor, out-of-town visitors, etc., getting over here to
my parents' to update has not been top priority.

Things are going well. I am inspired each day to get a lot, a lot done
as I wonder each day how many more I will have left to really tackle
jobs before a new baby arrives. Of course, Christmas decorations are
still up (I began taking them down today only to realize I had failed
to leave myself time to do the job before needing to leave for an
appointment at the doctor's) and baby clothes and carseat have yet to
be pulled out and prepared, but there is food in the house, I made a
"stock up" trip to Wal-Mart yesterday, I've been baking and cooking for
the sheer enjoyment of doing so, cleaning the house, and more.

Baby is growing, that's for sure! I have felt convicted about my lack
of anticipation for the birth of this baby of late, but am also glad
that I don't deal with the "get this out of me" feelings that I hear
many moms talk about. For whatever reason, even a 10lb baby doesn't
make me feel uncomfortable. I'm blessed! At any rate, the Lord has
asked me to reconsider my excitement about this new arrival and I have
seen a lack. The last thing I want to do is sow seeds for rejection,
which I know the enemy would use later in this child's life. So I am
excited about this baby! I'm NOT looking forward to labor and delivery,
but I guess no mom does. :)  I AM looking forward to meeting my
son or daughter and getting to know this new person.

We had a great holiday season. Daniel was able to spend a good deal of
time with the kids and I this past week, and that was so welcomed. It's
been too long since work and projects haven't been consuming our lives.
The other day I woke up and realized there was nothing absolutely
pressing that needed to be accomplished... OR ELSE! Ah.

A new year. More than any other year, I have a confidence that God is
going to do good things. On New Year's Eve He spoke to me regarding the
cry I've had for a greater stability in me. His Spirit is ready to work
on my behalf, and I am excited about this. Now I am challenged to be a
mold-able vessel.

There you go: the update.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing on my xanga.  I cried tears of relief... it's nice to know I'm not alone.  There are so many people we need to see who are in Michigan, NY, and New England in general... we're definitely putting Potsdam/Madrid on the tour.  The big question is WHEN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are still there! I thought there may have been a new Paladin! Glad to hear you're feeling well and things are going great. Can't wait to see you all again. Keep me posted on the homefront and baby happenings! If you need anything, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Brietta, its shanna
    you should put up pic of your little bundle of joy coming soon!!!!! my family says "hi" to you and dan!!!!!
    congrats!   <3 shanna

    ReplyDelete