Thursday, January 26, 2006

The same couple that babysat [some] of my siblings and I when I was a little girl are making me a meal tonight to help out after the birth of my third son. You can't tell me that the Body of Christ doesn't create lasting bonds.

In spite of only eating spinach salads for lunch everyday and, generally, maintaining a very healthy diet, I haven't lost much of the 10lbs I still need to lose since returning home from the hospital. Why? Because people always make dessert to go with the meals they bring, and it's always really, really yummy!

When I woke up this morning, I almost fell down immediately after standing up. This, my friends, is just one more symptom of having low iron levels.

I began making birth announcements (which often double as thank you cards) today, only to realize that our printer does not have an ink cartridge and hasn't since before we moved. And then I realized that the closest OfficeMax is almost 50 minutes away. Convenient.

Last night I was home with the three kids at bedtime when Bronwyn decided to have an all-out battle over a tissue on the floor. I had to deal with her while holding a crying newborn. [Gabriel was playing nicely, for those who are interested.] It was a phyiscally exhausting 30 minutes for this anemic, but an even more emotionally exhausting one. I hate when one of my children disobeys so vehemently.

My prayers are one of the greatest gifts I can give my children. This year I want to not only pray more, but I want Him to teach me how to pray well.

2 comments:

  1. I would be thrilled to only have 10 pounds left to lose after giving birth...though I suppose every body works differently in that area...I never lost all of the 66 pounds I gained with Caedmon ;).

    ReplyDelete