Friday, January 20, 2006

I got a good report today: my hemoglobin levels are up to 7.4 already. I must be behaving. :)

We also found out that Jackson has returned to his birthweight exactly and, according to the nurse, has shrunk two inches. Riiight... Why is it that nurses don't really seem to care what they write down, as long as they write something? I mean, five days ago he was 21" long. Does anyone really think it possible that today he's 19"? And why, more importantly, am I required to drag myself and my kids out and about so that a nurse can write down a completely illogical number and say she did her job?!?!

Anyway.

It felt good to get out of the house--even if just for a short time. Now, I feel quite content to return to resting for the remainder of the day. I could use some sleep! [Jackson still has yet to realize that the hours between 11pm and 7am are the ones we prefer for sleeping over the 10am to 5pm shift.]

That's it for another rather boring post!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to have missed you and baby Jackson, but will catch up with you soon. I myself felt pretty worn out by the end of my outing, but maybe tomorrow I will get over there. Sure hope so!

    Glad to hear that the count is improved - keep up the good work!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah-I know what you mean. the nurse measuring him today probably didnt pull his foot down all the way and keep it straight or something...the babies have a way of squirming when they are younger.

    ReplyDelete