Thursday, August 14, 2008

Progress & Enjoyment


I've made some progress toward completing my Undone List. Last night I purchased all of Gabriel's curriculum for this fall. I still need to make a trip to the store to get things like pencils, a good electric pencil sharpener (no longer having to sharpen pencils by hand will be my splurge this school year!), composition books, writing tablets, etc. I also need to order him some khakis and a long-sleeved polo for Friday Program, but since that doesn't start until October, I figure I still have plenty of time.

Today I did mounds of laundry and am enjoying having it all line-dried on this lovely day. Overall, it's been such a rainy, miserable summer that my line-drying attempts have often been thwarted. I imagine that since I like line-drying as much as I do this year, I'll really like it when we actually have a sunny summer.

(My grandpa told me today that this has been the wettest July since sometime in the 1920s!)

I also took a walk with the kids down to Mom's, picked up Uncle Merrick and brought him back here for the day, dusted and vacuumed, scrubbed down our dining chairs and table, remade the guest bed for next week's scheduled visitor, weeded the vegetable garden a bit (such cute little tomatoes and bell peppers! I sure hope they get a chance to ripen...), reorganized our board/card game shelves, and caught up on email while my 3 little ones slept and the 2 big boys played together. Now I've got to get myself pulled together and start the pizza dough for dinner.

Tonight, since Daniel's home for the evening, I'm hoping to tackle the children's toys and books. I'm going to try to not go overboard with getting rid of lots, but it will be hard. For being as frugal as I am, I can honestly say that I don't usually think twice about throwing or giving things away. I've got two bags of clothing-- one for the trash and one for the blessing shop-- just from folding laundry today.

All in all, it's been a great combination of making progress while still taking some time here and there to enjoy the beautiful day and my children.


2 comments:

  1. khakis and polo's for Gabriel? I think I started to cry a little bit when I read that line. When did this happen? I feel like asking if maybe he is too young to start school, but then I realize I am just older than I remembered. Wow. Good luck, Teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Progress, what a wonderful feeling! I love checking things off my "To Do" list!

    ReplyDelete