Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Beginnings and snapshots


Our kitchen/great room remodel has begun! We anticipate it taking about a month to get the whole thing finished.

And by whole thing, I mean whole thing: the ceiling was ripped out yesterday, the floor is coming out today, the roof needs repairs, plumbing (for laundry facilities), electric, and heating will need to be run, and everything from insulation to baseboard has to be put in.

I.am.so.excited.

I'll put up "before" pictures later, once I've taken a few more. (The ones I've got so far are just of the old built-in cupboards that were there and have carefully been removed so that we can put them back together later.)

For now, here are some overdue snapshots of our August birthday princess:

Photobucket
party hats at the party in Long Island

Photobucket
wearing her new Cinderella dress and Fancy Nancy crown

Photobucket
the homemade cake at her "at home" party

Photobucket
party guests gather 'round

Photobucket
trying out her new bicycle from Mom & dad
(helmet courtesy one set of great-grandparents)


3 comments:

  1. Nora has the same helmet   Love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures. Her cake is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos.  I'm afraid that Jocie might covet her bike a bit.  Every time that we walk past them in a store, she stops to stare and tell me which one she would love to have.  I keep telling her that maybe when we live in a house again, she can have a bike...

    ReplyDelete