Monday, August 11, 2008

Happy Birthday, Bronwyn Eliese!



Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

I remember the moments right after Bronwyn's birth so clearly. They were, by far, the most precious Immediately-Post-Delivery moments I've had with a baby. I felt peaceful. I was pleased with how her birth had played out (not altogether thrilled with the pain, but very satisfied with how things had gone). I was thankful to have a little girl; a daughter of my very own. I was delighted that she was red and wrinkly with jet black hair just like me when I was first born.

Bronwyn has continued to bless me with precious moments throughout her life. She is effervescent and warm and special. I love catching her belting out a song or twirling in front of my full-length mirror. I enjoy sharing all sorts of foods with her and knowing that she'll like almost every single thing I offer her. I am daily amused by her absorption with all things Princess and Bride.

:: She's very good at sharing with others. I appreciate her generosity, especially with her younger siblings.

:: She's pretty tough. There isn't a lot that hurts her physically. (Though I can't say that she doesn't shed tears on account of emotional injury at times. )

:: She is a great companion. I always enjoy taking her along when I run errands or travel or shop.

:: She is still head-over-heels in love with dresses and skirts. It doesn't matter how cute the capris or pants-outfit may be, she would rather wear a dress. I try to humor her: this summer I purchased 2 dresses and 1 skirt for her while only buying 1 pair of shorts.

:: She loves visiting others and having guests come to our house. My, what a People Person my Bronwyn-Girl is.

Photobucket

Happy Birthday to our very own Princess Bronwyn! We love you so dearly!


11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday sweet girl!  I have one little girl here who is hoping for a birthday chat with her cousin. We will try to give you a call in a bit! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww - happy birthday to the other august 12th 4-year-old!  precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a doll!   Happy Birthday, Bronwyn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!!!  How wonderful.  She's a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to your sweetie-girl! :)  This post made me smile, Brietta.  My Halle went through a similar "dress" thing ~ she is still in it at 7!  That said, in case you haven't ever checked them out, Land's End has a "overstocks" page on their website.  They have the BEST knit/cotton casual dresses (Halle wants to wear dresses everyday)!!  The regular price isn't something we go for, but the overstock prices are very reasonable for the quality.  I know this is a random comment (sorry!), but Quinne & I were so blessed to find this for our girls, so I thought I'd share. :)Have a wonderful day enjoying your sweeties!  Love ~ Paige

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the glasses!  Happy Birthday, Bronwyn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I started reading your blog when Aubry was first born and a friend of mine linked to your story, asking for prayers.  I often drop in, and just wanted to take a minute to tell you how encouraging it is to me to see how much you enjoy being a mom.  I am expecting my 1st (I´m 33 weeks along), and although I have always wanted to be a mom, there is a small part of me that sometimes fears I am not up to the task or it won´t be what I think it is.  So I just wanted to thank you for sharing your joy in caring for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I often think of what a girlie-girl Mariah is... until I read something new about Bronwyn!  She is just the girliest!Happy Birthday, Bronwyn!

    ReplyDelete