Friday, August 15, 2008

Give the house away, too!


This morning I was sorting through the kids' books (I didn't get to them last night) and explaining to Bronwyn that we would be throwing out the ones with missing pages/torn covers and giving away several titles that we just don't read often or that are duplicates in our home. At first she protested since looking at books is definitely her favorite activity and she was a little upset about parting with any. But then she really got into it-- almost to the point of wanting to give away books that are in great condition and well-loved around here.

About 10 minutes later, I was nursing Aubrey and letting the kids look at the "Give Away" pile one more time before I boxed it up. Bronwyn turned to me and said, "Mama, we should give away our house, too!"

I thought she meant the Little People house that was out in the middle of the family room floor. "But honey, you love to play with that," I reminded her.

She looked confused for a minute and then started giggling, "No, Mama, I meant this house, our yellow house!"

I was a little surprised. "Bronwyn, we can't give our house away! We wouldn't have anywhere to live."

"We could live with Nana and Papa," she announced. "I would like that better anyway."

What a goof.


6 comments:

  1. Before anyone else says something, I will mention that everyone else seems to live here whenever, so maybe you should consider the option! This Nana sure wouldn't mind!  ;)
    But save the little yellow house for me...  :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just too funny! Kids really do say the craziest things. Erin is always making us laugh:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is her mothers daughter... if it doesn't move, maybe we should give it away! 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jesus is definitely working in that beautiful little girl's heart!  :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bronwyn has something there....since that's kind of what we did....
    What is a house really?
    Be willing to give up all and follow Him....
    I'll have to put more about that on my blog....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now THAT is a heart after God - ready to give your home away - Wow!  And not only that, you and Daniel need not be concerned about where to live (smile).  It was thought out well and quickly, wasn't it!!!.
    AND....what an honor for nanny and poppy to be the recipients of having their sweet grandbabies come to their house as their "new place of residence" - how great to be SO happy to want to go and live with nana and papa (sadly, that is not always true with many), so......
    From my heart, as a grandmother, that is so precious.  I know my grandson, Caiden, said to me yesterday that he didn't want me to go when I had to get back home and said could I stay, and this morning as we talked, Caiden eagerly says "can you come over now."  Those are special words from the depth of a child's heart that warm the cockles of mine, so I can imagine how sweet this must sound to your mom and dad's ears that Browyn is certainly ,wthout qualm, perfectly content for you all to go and live at nana and papas.
    What you have poured in (as also have grandpa and grandma) and what has been seen by your children from you and Daniel) comes back triple fold in sweet blessings, doesn't it!! 
    What a precious and sweet birthday party - Aren't pictures great!!!!! What memories they hold close to our hearts, those treasured memories that are being made.for a time that later will bring again laughter and smiles as we remember those joyous fun-filled times.
    Children speak from the heart.  It is really quite simple, as it is meant to be (we make it so hard sometimes), and your precious darling little girl is, simply put, a giver because she has learned what it looks like in action and knows how good it feels.  After all, Bronwyn daily lives God's ways.  It is no surprise to her, is it!!
    How pleasing and honoring for your mom and dad and for you.  God bless you as  you contiue with your journal.  I enjoy reading even though I don't often comment.  I do read it though.  You are doing a wonderful job, and you know, we hear over and over again, people are watching and observing, and it is not just non-believers.  It is me and others that see the joy and hope for our future generation in action. I love watching your children in church as they are all dressed up and as you are teaching them how to purport themselves in church and in all areas.  It is a blessing to me.  They look so cute and so adorable, Ms.B

    ReplyDelete