Tuesday, August 1, 2006

You know it's hot when...

...diapers are suddenly approved as apparel.

...Canton's entire population is in P&C--not because they're buying groceries but because they are desperate for AC.

...the bag of chocolate chips has melted in your kitchen cupboard.

...people who like summer are complaining.

...I'm sitting next to this laptop instead of holding it on my lap.

...my last ditch effort at locating a beach umbrella to buy resulted in hearing, "I'm sorry; I sold our last one this morning."

...nobody's on the golf course between the hours of 8am and 7pm.

Still, have you heard me wish we ourselves had AC?

Nope. Because I don't.

But I am planning on hitting up the beach as soon as the kids wake up from the nap they are taking on my bed (where they benefit from the cooler temperatures of a shaded room and a ceiling fan)!

2 comments:

  1. We finally had some thunderstorms last night that knock our 100 degree temps eastward. So sorry you had to be the recipient but we couldn't take much more. Have fun at the beach!

    ReplyDelete