Sunday, December 14, 2008


We are slowly but surely making the kitchen our own. It still feels like stepping into a different house when I walk through the dining room doorway, but eventually I'll figure out that it's mine.

Tonight I baked cookies. That helped. I got to play with my new oven: so cool! Even washing dishes afterwards was really fun because I got to do the job using my new sink and faucet.

I'm still playing around with where to put everything, of course. And the random decorations sitting all over are because I haven't felt like arranging things since I'm planning on decorating for Christmas tomorrow morning.

Photobucket
looking in through the dining room doorway

Photobucket
my awesome oven

Photobucket
my baking hutch and lovely plate rack

Pictures of the family room and mudroom/laundry room will be forthcoming.

In the meantime, here's a little video of Gabriel in his very first Christmas concert ever. This event took place 9 days ago. I think he really enjoyed himself.



12 comments:

  1. Oh, I didn't realize you got a double oven model. Very cool, indeed. I looked at those when we did the kitchen in NY but decided against it. After having to borrow the use of my neighbors oven every Thanksgiving we've been here, I think I would definitely get one if we ever had to replace ours. The kitchen looks lovely. The rest will come together in time and, before you know it, you'll be done and missing the adventure of remodeling. We do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitchen looks fantastic. 
    Was very glad to see the video of the concert.  I see a certain little blue eyed blonde girl who looks as if she is enjoying herself as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great... definitely looks like a home again with people occupying it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun kitchen to live in (ya' know, we really do LIVE in the kitchen)!
    I noticed you arranged your alphabet fridge magnets. I thought I was the only one who did that! What's your reason? Mine is to see which ones are missing, and then dismantle the couch looking for them. LOL!
    Nice Bosch.  Did you get to use it yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your kitchen Brietta!  Especially the oven and the green color on the walls!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your kitchen! it looks so nice with the light wood/green. i know it's been a long time since I've seen your family, but i really had a hard time telling which little boy was gabriel!! I am sorry we didnt get a chance to visit while we were both in PGH. hopefully we'll get a chance to visit with you someday...=)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The kitchen is beautiful!  Thanks so much for the video of Gabriel's group singing.  I wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @BaCkWooDsThInkiNG - I don't much have a reason for arranging them, except that the kids never seem to want to spell anything with them when they're all messed up and are much more inspired when they're first all in order.  I guess it proves that we all prefer a clean slate to a certain extent!I LOVE the Bosch.  But does that surprise you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @estanopit - Were you able to figure out which little guy is Gabriel??? (He's in second row, fairly center-- a smidgen shorter than most of the other kids, which kind of surprised me since I've always assumed he's tall.)We will definitely have to connect sometime!   I have yet to see Kai or Estelle in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kitchen looks amazing!!!  It gives me great hope for the yet-to-be-sheet-rocked-walls in our kitchen.  How exciting!!!  Excellent job.  The concert is great too!  Those children are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm trying not to covet the appliances and modern look to your AMAZING kitchen. :) LOVE IT!
    I literally laughed out loud at the organized alphabet magnets. While, I've tried (often) to keep ours that nice... it rarely looks like that anymore. You're good!

    ReplyDelete