Thursday, December 11, 2008

Aubrey


Aubrey saw our local family doctor on Monday and then she had her 15 month cardiology appointment today. She is doing great. We are so thankful!

At both appointments she came in around 17lbs 13oz (well... the cardiologist's scale said 8.08 kilograms and my quick conversion attempt confirms the family doctor's scale). This may sound like a weight loss if you saw this previous entry, except that the home healthcare nurse's scale always seems to come in higher than either doctor's office. I've no doubt that Aubrey has continued growing little by little, bit by bit. And eventually she'll be forward-facing in her car seat.

We talked more about the transesophagael echocrardiogram the cardiologists want to do and I got to have some questions answered and concerns put to rest. The cardiologist who specializes in echogradiograms wasn't in today so we will most likely speak with him on Monday morning and get it scheduled for sometime in January.

Overall, Aubrey just continues to do so well. This was our least eventful appointment yet and for that I am grateful. I've learned the hard way that you don't want your baby to be the "interesting" one!


8 comments:

  1. Speak with him Monday like as in ...on the phone?
    So glad to hear this peanut is continuing to grow and blossom!
    What a sweetie pie she is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy hearing updates from you so much that I frequently visit your site because I'm too impatient to wait for the daily digest.  Glad to hear Aubrey is doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!   She is such a beautiful miracle.  Praise the Lord!  It amazes me.  She's so healthy and strong.  I'm in awe. 
    P.S.  I clicked on the "the transesophagael echocrardiogram the cardiologists want to do" link to see what that was, but the link doesn't seem to be working.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm laughing at the "she'll turn forward someday...". Maygen was almost 2 and we decided to just go ahead and turn her. The sad thing is, she would have just turned forward last month if we'd seriously waited for her to hit 20 pounds!
    It's so so wonderful to hear how well she is doing!!! What a blessing:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @LisaMCriscitello - Yes, on the phone. Thank goodness I don't have to drive to Syracuse again for another month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @EJTrelease - Hmmm... the link is working for me. But there isn't much info there anyway, so you're not missing much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is SUCH a good report! 
    We miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great report!Little Larry is still talking about his "friends" coming back to play Star Wars with him "someday."  We all miss you!

    ReplyDelete