Thursday, December 4, 2008

The latest::


:: We continue to enjoy our time here at Mom and Dad's while the work in our kitchen goes on. Danica arrived last night with her two (!!) boys. It's so fun to all be together.

:: This afternoon Daniel and I worked on a good bit of preliminary cleaning at our place, along with the help of a couple college girls. It's really super relieving to me to have all the tools out of my dining room, much of the dust downstairs wiped and vacuumed up, and my bathroom clean again. We are getting so close to having our place put back together and ready to be lived in, and I am super excited. The kitchen is looking amazing. Daniel pulled an all-nighter on Tuesday and painted until 6:30am Wednesday morning (cathedral ceilings aren't a quick paint job!). I am absolutely in love with the color now that there are two coats. The flooring is almost completely in as of today, too. I am really, really pleased with it.

:: Between 3 and 6pm (while I was out cleaning-- sorry, Mom!), Bronwyn got sick. She's thrown up a couple times and looked pretty green all evening. Poor girl.

I'm really hoping nobody else gets whatever it is that she has.

:: Tomorrow is the last Friday Program of the semester. The students will celebrate with a small $3 gift exchange in the morning and then the Christmas Concert is in the evening, both of which Gabriel is very excited about. Friday Program has been great for Gabriel. He's had opportunities to learn submission to authority, being kind to others, and letting preferences/offenses go. He's also had a whole lot of fun! I'm grateful for all these things.

:: I'm enjoying the holiday season a great deal. I'm very glad that this year I'd planned on doing things smaller, since decorating for the season and doing any baking isn't exactly happening yet! I'm learning, slowly but surely, to prioritize what's really important and let the rest fall as it may.

:: I apologize for how random and thrown-together all my posts have been these past few months. It's been a busy season for us and I'm afraid I don't seem to always find time to think, let alone write!


6 comments:

  1. Um... okay, where are the pictures we're all waiting to see?! Just kidding I know you are busy. Staying up till 6:30 to paint! Now that's a good man right there. Have fun moving back in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time you talk about how happy you are with the house-project, I get a thrill.
    Think of all the happy times that will happen in that previously un-used space!Can't wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love every post, no matter how unorganized and random they may seem to you.  I can certainly understand the busy life you are leading, we too are running every direction.  
    So excited to see more picture updates on the house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your posts too Brietta. It's always nice when you update...no matter! My husband Jeremy has pulled a couple of all nighters too when it comes to certain work around our homes . I had to smile when I read that. What a blessing the heart of those men are. Not that it is a regular thing, but they care about the homes getting nice and filled with their loved ones.  The pictures have been nice!  

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting!  I'll join in praying that no one else gets whatever Bronwyn has.

    ReplyDelete