Sunday, August 19, 2007

On the Road & Our Birthday Girl

We've traveled over 1,350 miles in the last 2 weeks. While in Pittsburgh, we enjoyed time spent with Daniel's family and time spent at a great youth conference, followed by time spent with my family at my aunt's house in Long Island. We went to an amusement park, celebrated a 55th anniversary, worshipped, ate out, shopped, spent an afternoon at the ocean, heard some great teaching & preaching, watched a Broadway musical, and took naps.

We also had quite the on-going birthday celebrations for our special girl. After all, who can resist throwing an early party for 2 girls who are turning 3 years old within 2 days of each other? Not the Paladin family! And when a little girl's birthday is 1 day short of being exactly 9 years after her aunt's, who can possibly try to celebrate the aunt's birthday without including the niece? Not the Sinclair family! Bronwyn has had lots of cake and "Happy Birthdays" so that her birthday celebration really became a birthweek celebration. She's just too cute to resist the opportunity!

Some things I simply love about my special girl:

-- Bronwyn is as girl as they come. She loves all things pink and frilly. Her favorite movies are Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, and Beauty & The Beast. A lovely dress and pretty girl are the necessary and required ingredients for any good story, in her opinion.

-- She loves to read books with anyone who will take the time with her. And if she knows the book well, she can be found "reading" it to her baby dolls or Jackson.

-- Her most recent accomplishment is completing potty training. Our travels in the last 2 weeks definitely tested her in this and I must say that she passed with flying colors (once she got over the fact that Grandma's bathroom is okay to use, too!). I am very much enjoying having the job of toilet training officially done one more time.  *sigh of relief*

-- Bronwyn's personality is very infectious and she is awfully fun to be around! I truly think her greatest gift is simply found in her presence. She is one of the most cuddly and pleasant and silly and appreciative little girls I have ever spent time with.

the two 3-year-olds
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

her favorite birthday tradition!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

a niece and her aunt
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Princess Bronwyn
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


7 comments:

  1. Happy (belated) Birthday Bronwyn!    What great pictures!  And I am sure everyone enjoyed the celebrations as much as she did.  She is truly a sweetheart.  I look forward to spending more time with her myself! 
    So glad to hear your trip went well and that it included "naps"!  (Hopefully some were for you as well.)  After all the fun, excitement and busy-ness, are you ready for the change of pace that fall will bring?  Hmm... then again, fall will also bring a sweet new baby girl into the fold.  Maybe you should enjoy the slower pace now while you can  
    Thanks for sharing about your trip -I had been wondering how things went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!  Look who's back!  I've never tandem nursed, but I've always wanted to.  I weaned Cassie after I found out I was preggers because I thought nursing while pregnant was for crazy, tree-huggers, and not for me (lol).  Seth was a nursing professional, but I weaned him when I was about three month's preg because *I* was exhausted and stressed and felt like it was something I had to change while Sonny was gone.  Grace weaned herself as soon as I got pregnant.  I am hanging on to Glory nursing for as long as I can stand it.  Funny, because she's not a good nurser.  She's always on and off, and now she's doing this thing where she likes to dig her finger nails into my skin.  I don't really enjoy nursing her, but yet I do, so I'm going to hold out for as long as possible.  My motivating factor is dealing with soreness and engorgement when a new baby comes.  Everytime I go through that I wish the older baby would help relieve things! 
    Okay, now I can ask you a question... HELP?  Looks like we're still going to travel next week!  How can I make it fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet.  We love our Bronwyn girl! 
    Hang in there with the maternity pants.  Maybe you can get Gabriel or Bronwyn to let you know when your belly hangs out.  Jocelyn thinks it's really funny when she can see mine so I always know!    I have been thinking that maybe the early '90s pregnancy styles of overalls and jumpers may have something to it! 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday (yet again!) to Bronwyn-Girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, Brietta, we love miss Bronwyn! She's a special little lady.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our Bronwyn is a beauty and beautiful all the time even when not wearing a dress.  That was so sweet.  Love You All

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pictures are so beautiful and precious! Welcome back! I also feel better knowing you have pb&j almost every day for lunch. it's jonathan's fave. my maternity pants always fall down. it is quite frustrating. congrats to bronwyn on the ptty trng. It sounds like you had a wonderful time and I am so happy for you! I'm sure it makes for great memories!

    ReplyDelete