Friday, August 3, 2007

Muggy Afternoons

It's really muggy here today.

No... like, really.

Like, nobody-wants-to-eat, it's-impossible-to-sleep, water-doesn't-quench-thirst muggy.

And the thing I dislike entirely about such weather is the monumental struggle I immediately face in doing the things I need to do. (Like work isn't hard enough in the first place, right?!)

At around 4:30pm Daniel asked me why I was so miserable.

Because it's hot and sticky! Because I feel like I can't even breathe without breaking into a sweat! Because I'm so unbearably hot it's making me angry that there are people who actually say they like summer!!!

My attitude was so rotten that it made even me laugh.

Which is just what I needed to "pull myself up by my bootstraps" (Are you kidding?! I have completely bare feet!) and tell myself that I just had to deal. I finished folding the laundry and then I climbed the stairs to the rather stifling second floor where I proceeded to pack my children's suitcase with a might vengeance.

Freedom is being able to tell yourself what you will and will not do and how you will and will not feel. I'm so glad the Holy Spirit enables us to laugh at and get beyond ourselves.

10 comments:

  1. yuck.

    jared and his family have moved here from fla. the way they talk about california summers is the way people up north talk about california winters -- ah, relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow i have just caught up with your lives, for some reason I haven't been getting any of the e-mails that tell me that you have posted. Very odd. So I will have to check your site instead of waiting for an e-mail. I thought it was a bit quiet lately.

    AnDi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then you come to this hot muggy church and stand and sing.  You did great!  I was so hot Sunday....Doug and I have something special to ask you guys this week, I'll have to call, maybe this evening?  

    ReplyDelete
  4. We miss you. Our house is far, far, far too empty today! It was so wonderful having you here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy belated birthday, bronwyn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 33 weeks?
    Emily and Bradley were born before 35 and they were both almost 5 pounds. Of course they never had to tolerate a bleed. Just each other!
    Anyway- this is very exciting for me to think about- you being able to deliver this precious one nearby and not at a major medical somewhere far off. I know God would carry you through either way, but this is just GREAT!!!
    And Happy Birthday to the little miss!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your heat is better than ours... ugh! Hey, I was wondering if you had any ideas for curing thrush. T and I both still have it, and I"m in a lot of pain. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ryc: I totally agree.  I have a feeling that my babies develop quickly to be ready for an early delivery (well, at least its a nice thought!).  As long as everything to be checked looks good (and they do), then I have no cause for concern whatsoever.  And we sure know lots of ladies who have delivered big babies!  
    So are you all back from your travels?  I would still like to get together with you sometime before the summer is totally gone. 

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you see about the lady in Canada that had quads and they were identical, meaning from the same egg?  Isn't that cool?  They were between 2lbs 6oz and 2lbs 15 oz, so they were all a decent size and NOT on ventilators.  It's nice to see good things happen.  They say that was a one in 13 million chance that an egg would divide that way.  She was 31 weeks I think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe YOUR about 34 weeks already! It just doesn't seem possible that the end is near - for either of us I suppose!
    I have an appointment in Canton this coming tuesday, the 21st, if you're around.

    ReplyDelete