Friday, November 11, 2005

Wanting to see us all serve Him with more abandonment... Tired of the way we excuse our compromises... Wondering how long it will take for us to call entanglements what they are... Hoping He will break us out of the petty desires we accomodate much more quickly than His desires.


-----


I had a wonderful past two days with Mom and Danica. We shopped and shopped and shopped. Not only should non-shoppers be glad to have missed our trip, even most shoppers would probably be thrilled to not have been with us. Both Wednesday and Thursday our shopping days didn't end until the stores had closed and we literally could not accomplish another thing. With aching feet and sore legs/backs, we triumphantly arrived home--lots and lots of bags stashed all over the mini-van we traveled in. I might not hunt for deer or anything like that, but the past couple days were nothing less than setting out and conquering! I have a couple little things to continue looking for, but otherwise the shopping is completely done--complete with wrapping paper and ribbon. Now I just have to work on closing on the house that I would very much like to celebrate much of the holiday season in!


-----


A number of good friends from Pittsburgh gave me a gift before I moved up here, and then shortly after moving here a generous individual that I barely know gave me another gift. With these funds I have purchased all new bedding--down to decorative pillows--for my bed. I've never had the bedding I'd hoped for, so it has been extremely fun to pick everything out. I even have a set of flannel sheets along with beautiful Ralph Lauren cotton sheets (purchased at TJMaxx for a literal fraction of what they would have cost at a Ralph Lauren home store).


My next purchase item is a dresser--hopefully two, if I can find good deals--for the bedroom. Otherwise, the bed will the only nice looking thing in a room that has piles of clothing all over the floors. :)


-----


I am amazed at the goodness of God. He carries us through and above so many things that ought to be to our undoing. The more of life I see, the more heartache I witness, and the more opportunity to be amazed at God I have.

3 comments:

  1. I think it would be wonderful if you were able to have a shower for new things about every ten years - of course we would probably get sick of going to showers, there would be one every week and we'd probably all go broke . . . but wouldn't it be nice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so lucky about those cotton sheets...I love Ralph Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had a great time... your increasing my desire for a shopping spree though:)

    ReplyDelete