Monday, November 7, 2005

The enemy has stolen. He has robbed over and over and over again. I look around and see the devastation--lives ravaged and broken, laid to waste, overwhelmed, confounded and stunned.

And yet...


There is One who came to restore the years that the locust has eaten. There is One whose death won for us a victory that nothing--nothing--can take away. There is One who rose from the grave and defeated our foe on our behalf.


This weekend as I listened to hundreds of young people's voices rising in song, tears filled my eyes. With wet cheeks and a humbled heart, I joined in:


How great is our God
Sing with me, How great is our God
All will see how great
How great is our God

4 comments:

  1. We sang that song yesterday and church. The funny thing is, it was so embedded in my mind that I found myself singing it to myself over and over again ... at home ... at work ... more at work ... at home again ... all day and evening.

    ReplyDelete