Friday, November 4, 2005

I'm heading out of town for the weekend with husband and a whole lot of college students. My children will stay here with family while I am gone. I think it will be a very good time--even just because it will be a weekend shared with Daniel. Between church and children and [now] home demands, it is far too easy for Daniel and I to become people who work toward common goals together but fail to simply be together.


Whenever I am gone, I miss Gabriel and Bronwyn so much. At times I can be so frustrated by the lack of personal space and time alone in motherhood, but most of the time I am incredibly grateful for their companionship. They are a constant in my life, and one I am very grateful for. It's hard to imagine a day when there aren't little ones needing me. I think not having to stay home with small children will be much harder than having to stay home with them.


I don't particularly like starting trips as tired as I am this morning, but tonight and tomorrow night I'll be the youngest person sleeping in my hotel room.


At any rate, suitcases are packed. Clothes for the kids are laid out to make dressing them each morning simpler. I will miss my first Sunday as [again] a member of CFC. Gabriel will play drums in the front row and cry about going to the toddler nursery. Bronwyn will fall asleep on someone's shoulder (probably Carina's) during worship and then be happy to explore the dolls and kitchen sets in the infant nursery. I will be a couple hours away, sharing in a what should be a wonderful experience in the Lord with Daniel and students.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great time at BASIC! It must be strange getting in the car, heading out of town and turning around and realizing you don't need to discipline, help, or hold a little one. You're so brave :) And encouraging!!!
    We'll have to get together sometime when you return. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you get back can you send me your new address. Have a great weekend! Miss you

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey i went to basic! i wish i could have meet you. i go to clc in rochester and know some of your family. i hope you had a great time i know i did.

    ReplyDelete