Monday, November 14, 2005

Today has been a complete wash, kind of. But not. Because I actually got to rest.

Most days like this, I would be extremely frustrated. Not only would
little have been accomplished, but I would be more tired than I was to
begin with! After all, Gabriel and Bronwyn have little sympathy for my
exhaustion and never fail to have demands. But today, I slept. A lot.

At around 11:30am I fell asleep. I'd only sat down in the family room
with the kids, but that was where I made the mistake. Sure enough, I
crashed. For an hour. When I woke up, Carina had fed Gabriel and
Bronwyn lunch and put Bronwyn down for a nap. That was nice.

I got up, ate some lunch, cleaned a bit of the kitchen, and then laid
down again because I still felt terrible. I slept for another hour--at
least.

Yes, this is one of the great blessings of living with family. This
tired body's needs were met without adding more pressure to my husband.
And so I don't feel that the day was a total wash, because I was able
to do what I needed to do: sleep.

(My sisters are great.)

1 comment:

  1. i'm still working on my e-mail.....stupid thing wont work. grrr.

    ReplyDelete