Thursday, July 9, 2009

More


The excitement just doesn't end around here these days!

Last night, my talented and kind friend brought over the valances she made for me. Tonight Daniel hung them all. They bring so much life and warmth to the room-- and I love them.

Photobucket

Now the fun of hanging things on the walls begins. I was waiting until the valances arrived to put holes anywhere since I knew they would influence the room and where I would want things a lot.

Photobucket

It's so awesome to see this space slowly but surely coming together. And, let me tell you, we use this room so much! It is an amazing place first thing in the morning, so bright and sunny and cheerful. It's also a wonderful spot for snuggling under a quilt, listening to the crickets and watching night descend in the evenings. Not to mention all the hours in-between that you will see children and train tracks and books and dolls strewn about our colorful area rug!

Photobucket


P.S. Sorry for the quality of the photos. They don't do the valances a bit of justice. Our camera does much better in natural light, but I was too excited to wait for morning!


11 comments:

  1. Brietta, it seems you've struck a wonderful balance between beauty and usefulness here.  Looks like a perfect place for children and grown up people too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooolala! Can't wait to see everything in person tomorrow night, which just brought to my attention...can we bring something?? And is it right that child care of some sort will be there? I can just picture Gabe saying that and us showing up with our kids when in all reality that's not the idea... and our kids are whiny and demanding etc... awkward!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great. It's so fun putting rooms together, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ReneeOckrin - Don't worry about bringing anything; we're just doing coffee & tea, etc.  Also, there IS childcare planned.  We'll see how it goes this week and, assuming we can continue to get volunteers to watch the kiddos, we'll keep going with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you get the material for your valances? They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so nice! What an awesome testimony of hard work, budgeting, and faithfullness!
    This room will be a blessing to all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What type of dishes are those? Are they Currier and Ives? I am getting some like that from my grandpa and late g-ma (he doesn't want them since he has been cleaning out since my g-ma passed) I wanted something country like/farm style. I was shocked and excited that he wanted to give them to me. I feel its a great way to remember my grandparents though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @sarah_purcell - I ordered the fabric from Hancock's of Paducah, which was one of the online fabric places Danica and Carol both recommended to me. It was 50% when I bought it ($4.99/half yard, and I needed about 4-1/2 yards total).

    ReplyDelete
  9. @AndiBean85 - They're English Spode. I think I know the sort of dishes you're talking about (I think my mother-in-law and a friend both have them).  They're a similar idea, those these are a much more "medium" blue and don't have country scenes.

    ReplyDelete