Sunday, November 9, 2008

These days


We're still at Mom and Dad's. I don't mind; it sure is fun to be here with everyone! Daniel's had a pretty busy week and hasn't been around much, but I don't feel lonely since there are usually people around to chat with and work alongside. Nice.

The kitchen is coming along!* Last Wednesday the entire back wall was gone. Now, the wall is rebuilt, the electrical's being run, the pocket door is close to being (or already) finished, the heating work is in process, etc. It's so exciting to look around the space-- a beautiful blank slate-- and realize that I'm getting to decide exactly how it all will be. Wow! I'm so blessed. The government may consider me below the poverty line (???), but I am so rich. Not only do I have many things that are far more valuable than money and material items, but I am really blessed financially, too. God has taken great care of us and provided so, so abundantly. We are a testimony of His grace.

Daniel's been busy this week because there's a lot happening on the campuses. These are exciting days in the Kingdom. Today Daniel, the kids, and I joined many of the college students at the weekly Spaghetti Dinner, where the headcount was almost 110 people. (Yes, this dinner is a weekly thing that is hosted by a family in the church and, yes, their generosity and hospitality is amazing!) Three students got saved at a conference last weekend. Another student got saved this past Wednesday night at Life Group, and today after church she received the baptism of the Holy Spirit! Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night there were evangelistic concerts on 3 of the 4 campuses; over 30 students received prayer to receive Christ or to rededicate their lives to the Lord. I am overwhelmed by the explosion of growth that is taking place. There is nothing more exciting than following Jesus!

This week I am going to do my best to maintain a bit of a school routine with Gabriel. It's been a bit trickier since we're not at our house, but I want to do better than we've done these past 2 weeks. We are moving along plenty fast in all his materials so it's not that I'm concerned getting behind (my approach is not quite structured enough for that to even be a concern, to be honest) as much as I'm just realizing that the work is good for him on a behavioral level. He really benefits greatly from pausing from activity to sit quietly and focus.


*I am going to try to get some pictures of the progress posted soon. I haven't done so sooner because I forget to bring the camera every time I'm over at the house checking things out! I want to do better, though, because I really want to have the pictures for years down the road so we can look back and remember it all.


3 comments:

  1. Now that I'm off the couch and back into the swing of things I have much less time to keep up on all of you! I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What exciting news.  I'm so thrilled about new believers and the work on your home.  I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures.  Did the Daniels really have over 100 people in their home?  They are an amazing family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @phyllispaladin - Yes, over 100 people in their home!  Have you seen their house since they remodeled?  It is such a great layout that it really fit everyone fairly well.  Amazing is right!

    ReplyDelete