Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A small taste


I've been very negligent about posting pictures of our house project, it's true, but that's all about to change.

This view is from the kitchen facing the family room:
Photobucket

This view is from the family room facing the kitchen:
Photobucket


Yes, you can see Bill and Renee working hard. They have been very busy at our place these past weeks. I'm extremely impressed with all they've accomplished!

When I stopped in today, a lot more had been done even since these pictures were taken on Sunday afternoon. Much of the work isn't terribly visible to the untrained eye (heating and electrical, etc.), but tomorrow I should have some very exciting pictures since Daniel is currently priming the kitchen half of the room and will later today paint it in preparation for a tomorrow or Thursday cabinet installation!


13 comments:

  1. How exciting! I love construction/home renovation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting!! I have to say that remodeling seems so much more appealing when others are doing the work.  It has to be nice to be able to go away and come back to see progress, without having to "lift a finger" (though I'm sure that's not entirely the case).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how exciting!!!  I am so happy for you guys.  Enjoy the process

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I can't wait to see more pictures as the work continues:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very anxious to see pics of what my hubby's been up to at work lately! The work the guys do at FTH is truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are making me very excited for you! How is Gabriel handling all the changes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!  I am on pins and needles myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you add on or was all that family room space already there??  It looks so much larger than I can remember!!
    Looking forward to seeing more progress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @sarahk04 - That space was there, but there wasn't a cathedral ceiling. It really is a good size. Not huge, but it is really opening up the kitchen a TON!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's looking great!  I'm sure that you are really excited about seeing it finished and getting to USE that space!!! 
    And I'm really impressed with Aubrey's weight!  Before long she will be caught up with her (big) little cousin! 

    ReplyDelete
  11. @loribruehle - When we were first planning the project, I was in turmoil about spending the $$$ to hire others to do the work. Now that we're in the process, I can't tell people how much of a stress-reliever it has been-- totally worth the money, in my estimation (at least for this season of life that we're in: totally maxed!).  Just Daniel having to take care of the painting (exterior & interior), the heating, and eventually the finish work (built-in cupboards, etc.) is enough on top of the busyness of work and family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @LisaMCriscitello - Gabriel's pretty excited, actually. We'll see how he does when we put our Christmas tree in there instead of in the dining room like we did the past 3 years. The kids are definitely missing their toys and belongings, though. I think our return to our house will feel like Christmas Day to them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @brietta - Well time it just right and you won't have to buy any presents!

    ReplyDelete